PDA

View Full Version : Enclosed Trailers

rstan2010
02-06-2012, 10:04 PM
Im looking at buying a new enclosed trailer before spring. Im looking for a 8.5x20 with 5200lb axles. Which brands do you guys recommend? Iv looked at American hauler and really like the under coating on them. Hows Royal Cargo?

ParkWelding
02-06-2012, 11:26 PM
I just placed an order for a new Stealth 8.5x20 with 5200# Dexter torsion axles. After looking around at a ton of trailers, they offered the best combination of features for me. All tube construction, complete screwless exterior, one piece aluminum roof, nicely trimmed exterior, all led lights, side flow thru vents-no roof vent, fully painted framework then undercoated including tongue, 4' side door, radials etc.

The only negatives, for me, were the jack options and the style of wheels they offer. The wheels I can deal with, the jack will get R&R'd as soon as I get it.

My trailer dealer offered the Stealth, US Cargo, and a couple other higher line trailers. The Stealth was about $200 less then the US Cargo, and other than having unfinished plywood walls, was much nicer fit and finish.

T-Trim
02-07-2012, 09:09 PM
Is 8.5x20 the max you need? If not go up to 24 and what is your inside height? 6 or 6.6

ParkWelding
02-07-2012, 10:24 PM
Standard inside height for 8.5' wide car haulers is 6'6".

DA Quality Lawn & YS
02-08-2012, 12:12 AM
I just placed an order for a new Stealth 8.5x20 with 5200# Dexter torsion axles. After looking around at a ton of trailers, they offered the best combination of features for me. All tube construction, complete screwless exterior, one piece aluminum roof, nicely trimmed exterior, all led lights, side flow thru vents-no roof vent, fully painted framework then undercoated including tongue, 4' side door, radials etc.

The only negatives, for me, were the jack options and the style of wheels they offer. The wheels I can deal with, the jack will get R&R'd as soon as I get it.

My trailer dealer offered the Stealth, US Cargo, and a couple other higher line trailers. The Stealth was about $200 less then the US Cargo, and other than having unfinished plywood walls, was much nicer fit and finish.

2nd on the Stealth brand. Although I just ordered a 7x14 dual axle, it is a sharp looking trailer, screwless exterior, rainblock flooring, tube construction, etc. They even did a custom 4' drop down side ramp for me for only a couple hundred more than the base cost.

rstan2010
02-08-2012, 10:32 AM
The max i need is about 16' that's why I'm jumping up to the 20'. I'm looking at the standard height trailer. Any options you guys would recommend I get? besides the extended tongue and bigger axles.

rstan2010
02-08-2012, 10:33 AM

What did you end up paying for your is you don't mind me asking

ParkWelding
02-08-2012, 06:28 PM
With the options that I wanted, it was about $6700 plus tax etc.

ParkWelding
02-08-2012, 06:30 PM
I think you're closer to the factory so it should be a hundred or two cheaper.

T-Trim
02-08-2012, 08:27 PM
The max i need is about 16' that's why I'm jumping up to the 20'. I'm looking at the standard height trailer. Any options you guys would recommend I get? besides the extended tongue and bigger axles.

And get a beaver tail or dovetail whatever you want to call it. Helps with loading and unloading equipment. Instead of coming straight out of the trailer. the last four or so feet start to drop off so you have a better angle. No more bottoming out.

Are you looking at v nose or flat front?

ahenderson
02-08-2012, 10:16 PM
I got a United race trailer- and we love it, 8.5x24 flat roof cabinets and alum wheels and built in stereo trimmer racks and lights and speakers. Get what you want you gotta look at it everyday and duck if its not tall enough! But United is far cheaper than Hallmark and Wells Cargo and build as good or better.
AJ

rstan2010
02-09-2012, 12:12 AM
And get a beaver tail or dovetail whatever you want to call it. Helps with loading and unloading equipment. Instead of coming straight out of the trailer. the last four or so feet start to drop off so you have a better angle. No more bottoming out.

Are you looking at v nose or flat front?

Yeah the one im looking at is flat front with beaver tail.

T-Trim
02-09-2012, 09:37 AM
Yeah the one im looking at is flat front with beaver tail.

And if your running short on cash after the purchase. Go and buy some sort of wood protector. Treat floor walls and ceiling if you got one with wood on the ceiling. Then as the funds come available go get a good spray on bed liner applied to the floors and about foot up the sides.

scotts lawn care
02-09-2012, 12:34 PM
I like my Haulmax 8.5x24. Its alot like the stealth, 3/4" waterproof flooring- very nice, all tube frame, screwless ext.- great for lettering, 48" side door, bull nose truck body style, 5200lb axles.