PDA

View Full Version : Gods Gift To Lawn Care!!

living Green Property
02-07-2012, 01:11 AM
feel like there are so many large egos in this business. It feels like guys are more worried about being the ďbig guyĒ than putting money in the bank.lol come on admit it we all know one.lol you know the guys who care more about what other LCOís think than making money. please let me hear your stories of guys who think there Godís gift to lawncare.ahah

OUTLANDER
02-07-2012, 02:06 AM
hahahahahahaaa:laugh:..man i see this around here everyday. You are right, we all see this and deal with these idiots everyday:clapping:

living Green Property
02-07-2012, 02:17 AM
Haha I know I must have read a million post on here where people get in fights because the do things different. Who cares if itís a scag or an exmark.lol

OUTLANDER
02-07-2012, 02:35 AM
yea.. heard a guy say "you are a amateur if you use a stripe kit" hahahahaha...one of my mowers was bought new with a stripe kit on it. I'm an amateur because i didnt take it off?:laugh:..hell no , man thats an added feature of the mower(duh the mower dont lay the stripes, the operator does)...thats just some of the easier listening bulls--t i've seen on here, some are really ridiculous. Also out in the field, man you can see these idiots from a mile;)..(usually they are the ones with the finer peice of equipment that seems to be doing nothing, while his help is doing all the work. Even better yet, the ones that own the business, but still feels it necessary to stand around and point out what to do...hahahahahahah:hammerhead:

living Green Property
02-07-2012, 02:42 AM
Haa I know I mean a striper kit is an added advantage. No one can knock on a feature that ads quality to the finished product.lol besides that guys is pry one of the people who goes around in circles.lol

OUTLANDER
02-07-2012, 02:43 AM
you can literally see these guys coming man....like they are even too cool for themselves...you guys know who you are...LOL. Most of these types had everything handed to them. Right out of diapers, after being fed with them silver spoons. Mommy and daddy set em on their way:waving:

living Green Property
02-07-2012, 03:03 AM
I know you can hardly have a convo with some of this people without it Turing into a who’s who or a this is what I got and its better than yours convo.lol

OUTLANDER
02-07-2012, 03:03 AM
no im just venting..hahahaha But really cant stand these arrogant types, and they are everywhere:cool2:

OUTLANDER
02-07-2012, 03:17 AM
Literally i usually end up taking work from these type companies just through word of mouth or direct contact (people coming to me for my work)..with my old beat up truck, and hard worked equipment ..hahahahaa. While these guys are running around with their shades on, and arm hung out of their brand new truck (that shouldnt even be a work truck, what the hell man? ...all show)..fast talking their clients (so to speak LOL! sounds like they sell insurance or something)....just saying, i work for my customers. Never call them clients, just my opinion, but it works:laugh:

OUTLANDER
02-07-2012, 03:18 AM
LOL:cry:LOL:cry:LOL:cry:...sorry im getting to myself, and making myself cry here laughing

jsslawncare
02-07-2012, 07:12 AM
I "had" a friend who thought he was God's gift. The only reason he got into this business was because I made it look easy. What he didn't know that I didn't tell him- heat in the summer, cold in the winter, gas prices, slow paying customer's, price of good equipment, need I go on? He's now a janitor.

DEPENDABLE LANDSCAPING
02-07-2012, 11:33 AM
I couldn't agree more. Honestly thought we should all share info and ideas on our trade. But unfortunately there are operators on this site that have nothing good to add but only want to s@# t on anyone who does something they don't agree with. Good luck to to all this season.
Posted via Mobile Device

JB1
02-07-2012, 11:57 AM
i don't know about god gift, but i think stripe kits are a waste and way overrated.

orangemower
02-07-2012, 12:01 PM
I wonder if there's a forum where all the higher up CEO's from all the fast food chains go to help each other find ways to make more money for their franchise? Do you think they get together and help each other find ways to get more customers in the door?

living Green Property
02-07-2012, 12:16 PM
I canít agree more this is one of the only places you can find information from other people in the business. But a select few try making others feel like morons because they do thing different . no two business are the same. And now one does things the same.!

nortonlawncare
02-07-2012, 01:11 PM
i love the guy who thinks he needs all one ton dumps and they are all crashed up because none of his employees can drive

Valk
02-07-2012, 02:20 PM
you know the guys who care more about what other LCOís think than making money.

Yep. They're more concerned with what they 'think' the other LCO's are thinking. Through introspection they live their lives manifesting their ego at any drop of a hat. :laugh: :waving:

TNGrassCutter
02-07-2012, 02:22 PM
I think the 13 year old hydroseeding and irrigation kid that was in the picture forum is gods gift to landscaping.
Posted via Mobile Device

mikeypizano
02-07-2012, 02:26 PM
I think the 13 year old hydroseeding and irrigation kid that was in the picture forum is gods gift to landscaping.
Posted via Mobile Device

It is probably his dad and he takes credit. :laugh:

nortonlawncare
02-07-2012, 02:52 PM
Posted via Mobile Device

that was a hilarious thread i saw the troll coming from a mile away and couldn't help but watch it go down.

think it was one of our own playing a trick on us?

DA Quality Lawn & YS
02-07-2012, 03:42 PM
Lawn and Landscape service is a business where you can just flat out learn the business, put your head down, and work like crazy and don't have to deal with other LCO's in any way, shape, or form. There are a few out there that like to puff themselves up by seeking out other LCO's and belittling them. Just walk away.....

living Green Property
02-07-2012, 04:37 PM
i agree %100

OUTLANDER
02-07-2012, 04:38 PM
Lawn and Landscape service is a business where you can just flat out learn the business, put your head down, and work like crazy and don't have to deal with other LCO's in any way, shape, or form. There are a few out there that like to puff themselves up by seeking out other LCO's and belittling them. Just walk away.....
well put, it is a shame we have to have this in our line of work (because work is hard and trying as it is)but we do:drinkup:.....ps in my own way they will end up being belittled, only coming out smelling like roses, BECAUSE OF ALL THE DAMN MONEY THEY STARTED WITH ALREADY :laugh:hahahahahahahaha

grass-scapes
02-07-2012, 05:39 PM
I am Gods gift to grass...with a bad wrap job, crushed box, and broken contents.

LOL.

weeze
02-07-2012, 07:05 PM
i know i'll never measure up because i drive a toyota 4cyl truck. :laugh: everyone knows to be the best you have to drive a 3/4 ton truck :rolleyes: they can't see i get better gas mileage so it keeps my costs low. :)

living Green Property
02-07-2012, 07:10 PM
Ha I know what you mean I started using one of my Coloradoís for doing applications it saves me %30 on gas! And itís cheaper to run!

martinlawn29
02-07-2012, 07:19 PM
Yea we all know that guy but as for the big guy they will always be in your way ..sucks whats worse then this is the LOW BALLER ! ppl doing work for free its jaust getting crazy !

clydebusa
02-07-2012, 07:43 PM
This forum is no different than Ford, Chevy, Kawasaki, Suzuki forums. Men have been doing this since grade school (my daddy will beat up your daddy).
Then they grow up and there business is better than yours.

Oh well I try to stay positive and just don't look into those threads. It is true I have started typing and then just delete and go on in a lot of those.

The Lord has blessed me and and when he is on your side, LOOK OUT

:walking:

living Green Property
02-07-2012, 08:55 PM
Its called a dick measuring contest. Mines bigger than yours.lol

living Green Property
02-07-2012, 08:57 PM
I think this industry picks up losers that no other industry will take or tolerate. lol

Mlawonn
02-07-2012, 09:56 PM
Haa I know I mean a striper kit is an added advantage. No one can knock on a feature that ads quality to the finished product.lol besides that guys is pry one of the people who goes around in circles.lol

So do you charge extra for this "added advantage?"

I am there to cut grass, not to stripe if they do not want it. Some of my customers/clients specifically ask for their properties to be striped, but others just want the grass cut (of course in straight lines). So many lawn services around here get caught up in the "striping affect" that you never see them again! Here today, gone tomorrow.

living Green Property
02-07-2012, 10:25 PM
So do you charge extra for this "added advantage?"

I am there to cut grass, not to stripe if they do not want it. Some of my customers/clients specifically ask for their properties to be striped, but others just want the grass cut (of course in straight lines). So many lawn services around here get caught up in the "striping affect" that you never see them again! Here today, gone tomorrow.

I donít personally have a striper on any of my machines. But we stripe everything I feel it looks nicer. If they want a cheap cut they can go get a fly by night landscaper. I fell striping is much more efficient than doing circles exp on larger propertyís. My customers all demand quality and thatís what I give to them. My nitch is high end residential and commercial. And if my customers demanded strong defined stripes dang right I would buy one. And Iím not going to sit here and nock someone because they do things different than me. Every one has their own way of doing things. And some LCOs feel striping is more important than other.

weeze
02-07-2012, 11:23 PM
we dont' stripe in the south so that doesn't even apply to me. :laugh:

DA Quality Lawn & YS
02-08-2012, 12:08 AM
Its called a dick measuring contest. Mines bigger than yours.lol

Haven't had a guy whip one out on me yet hope not to.......

OUTLANDER
02-08-2012, 04:41 AM
I think this industry picks up losers that no other industry will take or tolerate. lol

i think this is true exactly. Also like said earlier as well, alot even have their rich mommy and daddy figure that out for them, and buy their way into business without a clue............when i was working for others. I recall several of these types i worked for, and trained them lawn and landscape at the same time. I dont mean to be bitter, but it is what it is...just kinda fed up:usflag:

cranbourne
02-08-2012, 05:35 AM
Can someone explain to me what a striper kit is ? I've never heard of this over here.

Is it the rollers attached to the decks on the ztr?

OUTLANDER
02-08-2012, 05:45 AM
Can someone explain to me what a striper kit is ? I've never heard of this over here.

Is it the rollers attached to the decks on the ztr?

behind, and under the cutting deck it is an adjustable rubber flap that helps lay the grass back down in the direction you're going after it is cut..........some mowers come standard with this. I know my Gravely did. I have one with, and one without...dont know if it is much of a difference. I wouldnt pay extra for it i guess

cranbourne
02-08-2012, 05:49 AM
I've never seen them on a ride on or ztr. The honda mowers over here come with them and they are called grooming flaps, supposedly to give a better finish when mulching.

Wright48
02-08-2012, 12:14 PM
You wana see gods lol come to jersery theres so many guys around here that just keep getting bigger and bigger. Im not sure how much is in there bank accounts but everyone thinks there doing really good because there constently lowballing just to get there name on one more jobs and buying new trucks getting new store fronts every other year setting up design centers. HAHA its kinda funny because if people want to see my work ill just show them pics and send them to reffences patios walls lawns landscapes ect. It would be nice to have a store front but ill just keep putting that money into my rental properties and make money while im sleeping instead of getting all that other garbage lol