PDA

View Full Version : Anyone using a Gehl Advantage Mini Skid?

Paul Finn
11-27-2002, 05:16 PM
I've decided to take the plunge and start doing more landscape work and less mowing. I'm thinking about getting a new miniskid. I've looked at the Dingos, Kangas, and the Gehl. It looks to me that the Gehl is a heavier duty machine. Does anyone use them in their business and what types of jobs do you do with them. How reliable are them. I currently use a Kubota B2910 but its too large for most residential projects.

neighborguy
11-28-2002, 09:30 AM
The company that I work for has two of the Gehls and one Toro Dingo. If forced to use either one I would use the Gehl. We currently have the bucket, forks, auger, and broom for the Gehl and I have had decent success with the auger. The bucket doesn't allow you to do much deep digging or too heavy of lifting (600 or 700lbs?) the bucket holds about two wheel barrows of material (+/-). THe Gehl treads a little more lightly than the Dingo but can still do turf damage. If you are looking to be able to remove pallets of stone or brick, these are not what you want.
With regards to reliability, we have had both of our Gehls down for extended periods possibly due to employees expecting too much from the machine. I am not aware of any real mechanical problems that we have had with the Toro.
Like I said if I HAD to choose, I would take the Gehl.

A-Z LAWNCARE
12-05-2002, 10:02 PM
Hello my name is Alex

I own a new lawn care co and i am also looking to get into the new yard aspect of the game that way i can get the buisness from a-z stage of the landscape. hints the a-z lawncare inc.

I have been looking hard at a case they have a good litthe machine approx 75 hp and has 1800 lifting cap and 5500 dig power so if you want to drop a chunk of change they are 22,000 in missouri and maybe cheaper anywhere else. this seem's like a good little machine for the size.

havent had anthing comp to compare to yet though.

Alex
hope this helps
a-z lawncare inc.

:dizzy: