PDA

View Full Version : Employees Not Striping Straight!

living Green Property
02-07-2012, 02:49 AM
Am i the only one who seems to have a hard time with employees making straight stripes? I feel like either they are good at it or they always struggle. i train them and try to teach them but sometimes they just donít get it.lol i mean itís not heard to go straight. i think i could go to the local bar and get guys who can mow straighter lines.lol and another think I hate when the weed whack to short around stuff and kill off the grass. Maybe I need to hire from Mexico. lol ok Iím done venting !

THEGOLDPRO
02-07-2012, 03:16 AM
Either they get it or they dont. In the end they have to WANT to make straight lines. If they dont give a crap for whatever reason they will just mow till its done and move on.

OUTLANDER
02-07-2012, 03:27 AM
Or you get these guys that change the stipes up on you, and only end up messing whole thing up....but man speaking of trimming bad, i had this guy that literally ground the line feed button off the trimmer head in half hour trimming too close...had to go buy a whole trimmer head as it was seized up, and then go back and fix the messed up trimming

living Green Property
02-07-2012, 10:56 AM
hha i know what you mean i may go thru a trimmer head every other yeah i had kid he wore it thru in like 4 days.lol and i had another kid who kept it bumping and we had to put on more line almost every house. Some peoples kids

orangemower
02-07-2012, 10:59 AM
You're hiring a kid to do the job and complain that they aren't doing it right? Ya get what ya pay for as they say.

Agape
02-07-2012, 12:01 PM
Either they get it or they dont. In the end they have to WANT to make straight lines. If they dont give a crap for whatever reason they will just mow till its done and move on.

Yeah, I haven't bought one mower ever that doesn't start curving if you let it, you have to try.

living Green Property
02-07-2012, 12:09 PM
Haha you canít tell how good of work they do till you have them hired. Trust me guys who donít do good work donít last too long.

smallstripesnc
02-07-2012, 02:15 PM
I don't have any employees but I have worked with a friend back in my high school days that was horrible at striping! He always begged me for advice on it and my best advise was you have to actually try to go straight. Also I've picked up a few clients within the past few days and all have had horrible trimming done in the past. One guys lawn had a 2 inch gap where the guy tried edging the driveway and around the trees was just down to the dirt.

Its not THAT hard to do it right haha

whaler's Mow-Town
02-07-2012, 04:55 PM
Its not rocket science but ya gotta be smarter than the grass.

grass-scapes
02-07-2012, 05:35 PM
Its not rocket science but ya gotta be smarter than the grass.

I'm stealing this line.

weeze
02-07-2012, 07:00 PM
maybe the grass is mad at them because they keep smoking it?

whaler's Mow-Town
02-07-2012, 07:17 PM
I'm stealing this line.

Steal away. Guys around my region ain't never heard of stripes and if they had there ain't no way any of them could draw a straight one. That's why I do all the striping myself. I remember never wanting the boss to ask me if I was smarter than the grass in my early days. Gotta learn fast and move faster.
Posted via Mobile Device

Puddle of Oil
02-07-2012, 07:28 PM
They have green grass In Texas? Lol

randosh4
02-07-2012, 07:59 PM
Spray Paint.:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

whaler's Mow-Town
02-07-2012, 08:48 PM
They have green grass In Texas? Lol

Yeah there's grass down here. In my region, about the whole of last year was without rain and that didnt affect me much. I have some great residential customers that feed me year round, of which most of them water. I just go part time on those that dont water and they still help the bottom line.

I really got lucky grabbing up some foundation work that pays well and works me year round. An old rehab hospital that is owned by a large foundation and used mainly by the local law enforcement for training. That one is a gold mine :clapping:

There is enough grass around here that I am buying a new John Deere Z920a next month.