PDA

View Full Version : New gravely stander

1fast432
02-07-2012, 03:32 AM
Has anyone been to a trade show and looked at the all new gravely stand on mowers? My dealer gave me a picture that he copied and it looks alot like the exmark or toro in design. Just wondering if anyone has seen one up close. THANKS SNO-N-GRO!

tallimeca
02-09-2012, 08:32 PM
they have some unique features to them and were able to capitolize on some of wright stander's patents expiring. They have a dial on the dash with a quick height adjust. They have a foot pedal that sticks out the pack to step on to lift the deck up real quick as if you were going over a curb or rock. The platform in the back flips up and down like the vantage and grandstand.

A couple things that's going to be interesting. It seems to be lower to the ground then any other stand on out there. It is also using the zt3400 transaxles instead of pump and motor set ups. My experience with these has been they are lot smoother in control and less touchy/jerky then a pump and motor system. Could possibly be one of the best handling standon thus far, and maybe the best on inclines. Time will tell. The engine is stationary and doesn't move with the deck like the exmark and toro. They have really large front caster wheels.

Price wise, they will up in the same range as the competition for the 52 inch decks.

Cooter
02-11-2012, 12:35 AM
We need more info and pics.
Posted via Mobile Device

Jimslawncareservice
02-11-2012, 08:18 AM
What you are describing is nothing like what thier web site shows. Is this something that is just that new, that they haven't put it on thier site yet?
Posted via Mobile Device