PDA

View Full Version : maruyama equip.

walls
02-07-2012, 06:50 PM
has anyone used any of thier equip. trimmers, blowers, sprayers? seen them at the show they have a 5 year commercial warranty.

Alan0354
02-08-2012, 04:36 AM
I am a Maruyama fan and I have their big BL8100 bp and HT2321DLR hedge trimmer. They are easy to start, very little warmup and very quiet. Never give me any problem. They are not as popular so their price is lower than the equivalents from other brands.

Merkava_4
02-08-2012, 05:49 AM
I read the thread title real fast and I thought I saw marijuana equip. :D

Valk
02-08-2012, 12:24 PM
I own one of Maruyama's handhelds...model BL3200. I like it & it's easy to start. I primarily bought it because it has a cruise control that holds the running speed constant.

My understanding, and this is contrary to what others say around here and may have even changed according to Maruyama, but, at the time of purchase, & to be awarded their 5 yr warranty I needed to at least purchase (a six or eight pack for ~$20-25??) Maruyama's 2 stroke oil. My other 2 strokes did NOT like this oil, so I quit using it.

I now use a RedMax backpack blower exclusively as there is just no comparison in power. My RM backpack literally pays for itself EVERY year...and then it easily pays for itself AGAIN during leaf season. A hh blower is a joke comparatively. I would bet that Maruyama's Commercial bp blowers are competent. Their website says they have Kaw engines.

So this Maruyama hh blower just sits until I occasionally use it here at my place for garage sweeping duty. If I'm blowing out a customer's gutters while on their roof, then I prefer a hh over a bp for safety's sake.

Alan0354
02-08-2012, 12:40 PM
I never read about the requirement of buying 6 pack oil!! But I never need to use it yet. I have the big Maruyama BL8100 bp blower, it is the same as the Kawasaki KRB750 as Maru make this for Kawi use the Kawi engine.

Hand held blowers has it merit as I have both. I have the Shindaiwa 34cc EB3410, I don't think it is as powerful as the BL3100. In our area where all yards are small, sometimes is a lot easier to pull out a HH for a minute of blowing.

Lafman
02-08-2012, 10:54 PM
Use the Maru trimmer here. Going on its 4th year. No problems. Would definately buy another.