PDA

View Full Version : scag and exmark prices

D&F lawnmaster
02-07-2012, 09:32 PM
Well guys i have been shopping around for a new mower and a bagger. I have been using exmark for a long time. I got three prices for a scag cheetah 61" 32 vanguard three bagger. 1st-dealer 14000.00, 2nd dealer 13800.00, 3rd dealer 13500.00. These all was scag dealers and one from louisana did not want to sell me a scag he was pushing ferris. My dealer Exmark 34 kolher 60" cut three bagger price 12500.00. I guess i have to stick with a exmark.:usflag::usflag:

djagusch
02-07-2012, 10:11 PM
Well guys i have been shopping around for a new mower and a bagger. I have been using exmark for a long time. I got three prices for a scag cheetah 61" 32 vanguard three bagger. 1st-dealer 14000.00, 2nd dealer 13800.00, 3rd dealer 13500.00. These all was scag dealers and one from louisana did not want to sell me a scag he was pushing ferris. My dealer Exmark 34 kolher 60" cut three bagger price 12500.00. I guess i have to stick with a exmark.:usflag::usflag:

They quoted you pretty close to retail. Did you shop by phone or actually stop in and talk to them? I would hope your Exmark dealer would give a better deal as he knows you and have built a relationship with you. I know I would be around or under that $12500 for the Cheetah and bagger with my dealer.

weeze
02-07-2012, 11:27 PM
i dunno how much a bagger costs but a scag cheetah 61" with 34hp kohler (no bagger) here is $10,799 on the tag. i'm pretty sure they would come off of that a good bit. those bagger things are around $3000 aren't they? so those prices are probably in the right range.

D&F lawnmaster
02-08-2012, 10:16 PM
They quoted you pretty close to retail. Did you shop by phone or actually stop in and talk to them? I would hope your Exmark dealer would give a better deal as he knows you and have built a relationship with you. I know I would be around or under that $12500 for the Cheetah and bagger with my dealer.

i went to everyone of these dealers. I told each one that i am going to buy one this year and next year buy another. All of them told me that they give the same price to each cutter even if you be there ten years or off the street. Yes i was born yesterday too. To much BS. I then call a dealer that sells exmark and he beat my dealer price. He stated that he wants all of my business to come to his store. So i might be going to another dealer to get a exmark.:usflag:

djagusch
02-08-2012, 10:26 PM
i went to everyone of these dealers. I told each one that i am going to buy one this year and next year buy another. All of them told me that they give the same price to each cutter even if you be there ten years or off the street. Yes i was born yesterday too. To much BS. I then call a dealer that sells exmark and he beat my dealer price. He stated that he wants all of my business to come to his store. So i might be going to another dealer to get a exmark.:usflag:

Well it sounds like the dealers don't want sales down there or something is up.

cajunboy
02-08-2012, 11:33 PM
The price of the mower is not always the deciding factor. My dealers service is the best around and I dont care if someone is 500 cheaper, Im going with my dealer. If I have a problem with my mower, 90% of the time they fix it on the trailer when I roll up. If I have to leave it, they give me a loaner. if it breaks down in the field, they go get it and bring me another. Those things are priceless. If you get a great price on a mower and it breaks down in the middle of the summer and you are out of a mower for a few days it will cost you more than paying the right price and getting good service. I have 7 mowers and use everyone of them, everyday during the season. I cant afford to be down and without one of them. It will cost me money. Just my 2 cents. O and they all break down at some point, even if its minor crap.

pugs
02-09-2012, 12:44 PM
i dunno how much a bagger costs but a scag cheetah 61" with 34hp kohler (no bagger) here is $10,799 on the tag. i'm pretty sure they would come off of that a good bit. those bagger things are around $3000 aren't they? so those prices are probably in the right range.

Yah, I would think a good price on the 61" Cheetah is right at 10k and a bagger is going to be in the 2500-3000 range. And setting up a bagger has some labor to it which would have to be factored in. They are kinda a PITA while the mowers are getting easier and easier to setup.

weaver
02-09-2012, 02:04 PM

That's good on the Exmark cause in another thread a guy was looking at buying another Exmark and he said there was a huge increase in there prices this year .
Like a $1000 increase for the same mower only a year ago.

martinlawn29
02-10-2012, 07:37 AM
You can go cheeper then that if you mow any churches or schools for sure if u are buying just one mower

Jimslawncareservice
02-10-2012, 09:46 AM
It's funny, in my area is the other way around. I got a price for a 52 exmark with bagger last spring. $13,800 or so depending on any options to be added or not. This was not with tax.
Posted via Mobile Device