PDA

View Full Version : Who has a generator on their trailer?

Revomaxx88
02-07-2012, 08:47 PM
I just got a free 4000watt generator and I cleaned the carb and a few things and got it running... now I am thinking of building something on the front of my trailer to mount it on. I still have electric hedge trimmers so I could use it for that. And when I go to the races it will be nice to have. just wanted to see some other peoples setups and get some ideas. :)

ffemt1271
02-07-2012, 10:49 PM
Got one.of the lil.2 stroke o.es from harbor freight and a.small air compressor. Got cheap ones in case they grow legs.
$120 for.both. i wander now how i ever got by without them.
Posted via Mobile Device

Revomaxx88
02-07-2012, 11:29 PM
That will be one of my next purchases, I need a compressor and a impact gun.

BrunoT
02-08-2012, 04:56 AM
Sell the generator and buy a real hedge trimmer if lack of cash is such an issue you're dragging cords around lawns.

Richard Martin
02-08-2012, 05:14 AM
The last thing I want to do is add completely unneccessary weight to my trailer. Particularly on the tongue.

dhardin53
02-08-2012, 10:14 AM
Nice to have (I have 2) and maybe a peace of mind kind of thing , but I agree it is just to much weight and invites thieves. Many be trade if for a car 12v to AC inverter might do just as well. It would be one less gas tank to fill and carburetor to clean and keep running. Just my opinion.

I am looking for a 10 gallon air tank to mount under my trailer. A tank I can fill with air from home for those occasional flat tires and blowing off some decks. But when your hedge trimming a gas unit is well worth the investment.

scottslawncareav
02-08-2012, 10:39 AM
i agree with selling it for a gas powered trimmer i started with an electric trimmer and a pair of hand trimmers and unless you have 500 feet of cord its hard to get in some back yards (3' gates where i live) but those power inverters are nice then you can buy a cheap microwave and save on hot food to. I LOVE MY MICROWAVE.

Richard Martin
02-08-2012, 11:34 AM
Are you guys out there to work or enjoy fine dining? I don't stop to eat until the work is done. It drives me almost to the point of insanity just to waste time stopping and getting a drink. I told my guy from the get-go that he'd better pack a lunch. I provide water in a Igloo.

orangemower
02-08-2012, 11:56 AM
Do you shop/race at Debbies R/C World? Tell Crews I said hey. Brian too. :D

scottslawncareav
02-08-2012, 01:33 PM
i need my ramen and hungry mans cant stand peanut butter sandwiches

Revomaxx88
02-08-2012, 04:16 PM
I plan to get some gas hedge trimmers in the future. First I need to get some trailer racks and a new 21" mower. Id sure like to have a microwave in the truck! Eating out gets expensive and cold sandwiches get old fast. I believe lunch is the most important part of the day! I can't work on empty!

scottslawncareav
02-08-2012, 04:50 PM
the micro wave is the soul of a lawn care company :usflag:

Pietro
02-08-2012, 09:13 PM
I have a harbor freight generator and compressor. I built a box on my enclosed trailers tongue, with hinges and a padlock. I ran a line into the trailer and mounted a hose reel with 100 ft of air hose. Now flats on mowers dont have to drive too close to get plugged. Also makes flats on the trailer a cinch. IDK how I worked without the combo. I paid under $400 for them both, DEFINETLY saved more than that with it. It makes repairs/trips to the gas station for air cease!