PDA

View Full Version : commercial use whats the big deal

Jimslawncareservice
02-08-2012, 12:02 PM
I have been looking at used mowers, over seeders, and aerators. It seems especially on the mower side, the owners say that it wasn't used commercially. I Google thier number and it shows they are a lco. Or in thier ad it says not used commercially, I have gone to several over the years, and they have lawn trailers, dumps, trimmers and what not all over. So what's the big deal? I myself would rather by from another lco than a home owner anyway, but why lie about it?
Posted via Mobile Device

dgw
02-08-2012, 12:05 PM
I have been looking at used mowers, over seeders, and aerators. It seems especially on the mower side, the owners say that it wasn't used commercially. I Google thier number and it shows they are a lco. Or in thier ad it says not used commercially, I have gone to several over the years, and they have lawn trailers, dumps, trimmers and what not all over. So what's the big deal? I myself would rather by from another lco than a home owner anyway, but why lie about it?
Posted via Mobile Device

i would rather buy from a solo LCO

but employees like to beat the crap out of stuff that they dont have to pay for

Lefet
02-08-2012, 12:10 PM
i would rather buy from a solo LCO

but employees like to beat the crap out of stuff that they dont have to pay for

Bingo. And if I got there and found out otherwise, deal is off. Even if it's the deal of the century. Principal kind of thing.

ralph02813
02-08-2012, 12:12 PM
Posted via Mobile Device

My guess, they don't operate above board or think everyone treats their equipment llike them.

Jimslawncareservice
02-08-2012, 12:12 PM
Yeah I pick and choose who I buy from, but it also depends on what I am going to do with it. I've felt with homeowners on equipment before, and its just horrible.
Posted via Mobile Device

BestImpressions99
02-08-2012, 12:30 PM
Yeah, it's the abuse that commercial cutting inherently involves on the equipment.

crazymike
02-08-2012, 12:52 PM
It can go either way.

My business equipment is maintained religiously. I'm dependent on it. If it breaks, I'm in trouble.

My mower at my house? I don't know if the oil has ever been changed.

djagusch
02-08-2012, 07:55 PM
Posted via Mobile Device

Do you spend most of your spare time trying to buy stuff. Seems like you are always trying to buy another mower, etc.

I do have a Ryan Lawnaire 4 for $500 if you are interested. It's 95 or so but they haven't changed much. Everything is good on it. PM me if you want more info.

weeze
02-08-2012, 08:05 PM
if they say "not used commercially" that is a trigger that means it was. a homeowner that only cut their own grass wouldn't even use that phrase. i use the same mower on my yard as i use for my business. why would you have a seperate mower just for your own yard?

Jimslawncareservice
02-08-2012, 08:09 PM
No not all my time, but i do like to have an efficient operation. I am looking for a walk behind aerator and slit seeder because I don't have any, and would like to offer that service. I do have a tow behind, but its just to big. Once I buy those and two mowers, I won't need anything else for several years. I do have one mower bought for a dedicated clean up machine.
Posted via Mobile Device

Jimslawncareservice
02-08-2012, 08:11 PM
if they say "not used commercially" that is a trigger that means it was. a homeowner that only cut their own grass wouldn't even use that phrase. i use the same mower on my yard as i use for my business. why would you have a seperate mower just for your own yard?

Believe it or not, many do have seperate mowers.
Posted via Mobile Device

weeze
02-08-2012, 08:15 PM
well i have older mowers that i used to use on my yard before i had a commercial mower. they are your standard residential tractor mowers and are 15 years old or more. i would never use them when i have a commercial ztr i can use. that's why if i ever went out of business i wouldn't sell any equipment. i would still use it on my own yard. i guess because i'm a solo op i don't see it as my company's mower bought with my companies money but i see it as my mower bought with my money. :laugh:

Pietro
02-08-2012, 08:53 PM
Ive seen guys selling diesel ZTRs saying they werent used commmercially. What homeowner buys a diesel? A rich one for sure.