PDA

View Full Version : Lawn Application Service software?

camil
02-08-2012, 02:06 PM
We are still looking for a software program that will work with the way we do business. We print all workorders / invoices for a specific zone at one time. My husband does routing daily with already printed work orders. We do not print as we go. Does anyone else do things like this? If so, what software do you use? We tried Service Ceo but it didn't really work for us. What is everyone else using?

Our business is successful but when we bought the bus. they were using an old converted propane software. We purchased a new computer and were suffering through with Servie CEO for a while. Now our new computer has been stolen so we are trying to get by with the old comp. / software for now but it will not last much longer. Need something new. Suggestions please!!

Lefet
02-08-2012, 02:49 PM
You have asked this question in multiple threads. There were several suggestions offered previously. You didn't like them? Did you check them out? Maybe you're not being specific in what you really need? What exactly do you provide? What services do you perform?

camil
02-08-2012, 03:50 PM
Sorry. We do lawn care applications..early spring, late spring, summer and fall. We also do aerating and overseeding and grub control.

How do I get to the other threads where people have answered previously. I guess I am not very good at navigating this site.

I apologize for asking multiple times I am just very frustrated. I wish there was somewhere that I could go to actually see a program in action. It is sooo difficult to just try and make a decision based on sample downloads.

Thanks

Lefet
02-08-2012, 03:52 PM
Go to your control panel (user CP, upper left hand corner) look for the threads you started.

Try this:

http://www.lawnsite.com/search.php?searchid=6678120

gardenkeeper88
02-08-2012, 09:30 PM
Qxpress sounds like what i do +. I have all my app customer set up in zones and I print the entire zone at one time and the software puts it in order on a scrolling worksheet. I work down the list and however long it takes me to finish that zone then that's fine. I oversee other crews so I can't always have set hours for me to fert each day. The invoices I leave at the door however have to be dated when printed so I only print close to what I think I can get done.

Pamcakes38
02-09-2012, 01:35 PM
Our company also does the same apps as you and over seeding ans aeration. We use Real green! and we love it. it does amazing things. you should look into it. if you have question on please feel free to inbox me. i have went to the seminars and the real green team is great!

camil
02-10-2012, 03:16 PM
Thank you for all of your help. I will look into the programs that you have suggested.

I have wanted to try and attend a Lawn Care Seminar. Where do you find a schedule of them?

Lefet
02-10-2012, 04:06 PM
Please do let us know what you decide and how it works for you.
I don't know where in Iowa you are but this might help.:

https://www.google.com/#hl=en&tok=iXoFDKOe4hjkJaAdcxoFxA&cp=20&gs_id=35&xhr=t&q=iowa+lawn+care+seminars&pf=p&sclient=psy-ab&site=&source=hp&pbx=1&oq=iowa+lawn+care+semin&aq=0w&aqi=q-w1&aql=&gs_sm=&gs_upl=&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.,cf.osb&fp=a19adc643edab6bb&biw=1024&bih=753

camil
02-10-2012, 06:01 PM
We are in Clinton Iowa. I have looked at both of the software programs suggested on-line. They both look like they might work. I will be getting more info. from each of them.

Thanks for the list of seminars. I really think it would help to be able to go and talk to some of the software companies.

Camil

camil
02-10-2012, 06:04 PM
We usually hand write the date in on the day that the service is performed. Do you have to have Quickbooks to have Qxpress? It sounds like it from the website. We need to get Qbooks again anyway. Our new computer with Qbooks and Service Ceo was stolen when our office was broken into.

gardenkeeper88
02-10-2012, 09:04 PM
We usually hand write the date in on the day that the service is performed. Do you have to have Quickbooks to have Qxpress? It sounds like it from the website. We need to get Qbooks again anyway. Our new computer with Qbooks and Service Ceo was stolen when our office was broken into.

Yes qxpress does all the scheduling, jobcosting, client mangment, but QB does the acct end.

Duekster
03-06-2012, 05:53 PM
Clip might have the best program for chemical apps but I am leaning toward ESC.
It is way expensive compared to the rest but it seems fully functional. It will work with Quickbooks and a fleet management program. I think I am going to bite the bullet on it because I have been looking for a few years now.