PDA

View Full Version : 40" Grandstand out-mowed by Metro

IRRITECH
02-08-2012, 09:23 PM
40" Toro Grandstand just flat out-mowed by a 36" Exmark Metro with a velke. The Toro has been to 2 different dealers in the last 6 months and the hydraulics are " in top shape, and running at top speed". This mower is about 8 months old. Are you kidding me??? Now don't give me the line about belt vs hydro, I know all that. The fact that the Toro gets out run by a Metro is bothersome to say the least.

EARTH5
02-08-2012, 09:26 PM
thats unreal.... never would have thought.. was gonna buy one too!

RodneyK
02-08-2012, 09:37 PM
I could see that if the GS isn't adjusted properly. I have a 48" that flys. I also have a 60 that slowed down. I made some adjustments and it is fast again. Would love to see the GS that got out mowed but a little to far away. Don't know how much the dealers really know sometimes. What year is the GS that got schooled? On the oher hand I know some of those Exmarks are pretty fast. Let me know if it out mows a Wright ZK!

IRRITECH
02-08-2012, 10:01 PM
I could see that if the GS isn't adjusted properly. I have a 48" that flys. I also have a 60 that slowed down. I made some adjustments and it is fast again. Would love to see the GS that got out mowed but a little to far away. Don't know how much the dealers really know sometimes. What year is the GS that got schooled? On the oher hand I know some of those Exmarks are pretty fast. Let me know if it out mows a Wright ZK!

This thing is a 2011 with about 450 hrs. I went and adjusted the hydros to get the speed I wanted, but with the way Toro has set up the safety switches, they stop working if you adjust the speed too much. So, off to a different dealer, and it's right back where it was. 2 different dealers have told us it is running at top speed. After the second adjustment we did a test right in the dealers lot. The dealers response " well, the Exmark can't cut grass at that speed". Really????? I have already run the load test, and the Metro still pulls away.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not trashing the Toro, but if it will not out perform a walkbehind then why would I pay for one>

RodneyK
02-08-2012, 10:57 PM
By adjusting the hydros you mean the forward/reverse controls? Adjusting the cables to take some speed away from reverse but giving it to forward?

I can believe any GS is slow as I have been on a few that were for sure. On my 48" I often do not mow at full speed since it is a little too fast.

Plus, I am not sure if you are saying the GS is slow or that the Metro is just blazing fast? I agree why pay for something that is not as productive as something that costs less!