PDA

View Full Version : Spring has sprung in south

cajunboy
02-08-2012, 09:49 PM
The last two weeks we have had temps in the 70's here and last week it rained for like 3 days. This week phone is ringing off the hook. We cut 47 properties since monday, did 2 landscape cleanups, an irrigation repair, 1 new residental contract, and several calls for estimates. We have 26 to cut tomorrow and one landscape cleanup. Normally we dont start like this till the last week of February. Not complaining.:dancing: Normally I sit on the couch from jan 1st till late feb while my 2 guys are doing 15-18 hours a week. No break this year. We been working at least 40hrs a week since new years. We had 3 landscape installs in January (beds, irrigation, sod, and lighting on one)
Gonna be a long summer. Looks like I may have to start a 3rd maintenace crew this year.

orangemower
02-08-2012, 10:25 PM
It's not good to gloat.

cajunboy
02-08-2012, 11:03 PM
Sorry dude. Not gloating. Just fired up and excited to be making some PAPER.

Premier landscaping south
02-08-2012, 11:06 PM
Much of the same her in South Carolina. I have a lot of work that has been booked in the last 14 days! Time to get back in the saddle.

torotorotoro
02-08-2012, 11:45 PM
Much of the same her in South Carolina. I have a lot of work that has been booked in the last 14 days! Time to get back in the saddle.

im jealous. i got at least another month of being broke.

JLSLLC
02-09-2012, 12:14 AM
im jealous. i got at least another month of being broke.
Haha yeah right, Im counting down everyday lol

torotorotoro
02-09-2012, 10:37 AM
Haha yeah right, Im counting down everyday lol

so are my bill collectors

mowerbrad
02-09-2012, 11:22 AM
While it is still freezing up here, I probably could go out and get some leaf clean-ups done. It is definately a mild winter up here!!

Though I am pretty jealous of your 70 degree temps!!!!!

Wright48
02-09-2012, 11:42 AM
Yea on more month of sitting around waiting untill i start clean ups cant wait sick of being stuck inside. I got about 100 spring clean ups for my regular customers and looking to take anouther 50 or so to get some cash flow for the first couple weeks of the season. soon as march hits tho im starting a couple paver jobs i cant belive its 50 degrees in feb.

mx315
02-09-2012, 11:58 AM
We have some St. Augustine yards that we never stopped cutting. Crazy winter for sure, fruit trees and tons of plants are blooming like crazy... pollen everywhere.
People have started calling wanting installs and spring cleanups done, but I've seen it snow here in March so you never know.

CircleC
02-09-2012, 01:51 PM
I'm with you guys...sick of sitting around. You can only watch so much TV. Winter has been very mild here too, 1 snow storm all year. Maybe 2 weeks that were cold. Weather has been sunny and between 38-55 just about everyday. We have had a little rain but not much. I will probably do commercial spring clean ups here soon if the weather stays nice. Good thing is mountains have good amount of snow, so water will not be an issue. I even considered putting som urea down on my lawn to see if it will pop.

Good luck dudes...
Posted via Mobile Device

Richard Martin
02-09-2012, 03:58 PM
We're in real early Spring here. There's a little greening going on but it's not even time to put down pre-em yet.

JB1
02-09-2012, 04:02 PM
i was in panama city over the weekend and seen trees and plants out in bloom, it sure looked good.