PDA

View Full Version : large mulch jobs

Mowerboy04
02-09-2012, 12:19 PM
hey guys, need some advice. I landed to large mulch jobs for this spring. One being 90 yards and one being 110 yards. The biggest job ive done in the past is about 20 yards. Whats the best way to tackle these jobs? Should i have the mulch supplier dump the mulch at the job site or trailer it in 16 yards at a time in my dump trailer? also how many guys would i need to tackle these jobs. i was planning on doing one a day. thanks for the input.
alex

JB1
02-09-2012, 12:52 PM
did you not figure any of this when you were figuring a bid.

Mowerboy04
02-09-2012, 12:57 PM
did you not figure any of this when you were figuring a bid.

i mean i bid it at my typical per yard rate. i have an idea of how im going to do it just looking for an easyer/quicker way. I was planning on having the mulch dumped on sight and rent a small tractor to move the mulch around the property. I also figured on 3 guys and my self and about 10 hours for the large job and 8 for the smaller one.

silverado212
02-09-2012, 12:57 PM
One day would be a stretch. Probably atleast six guys. My opinion for those amounts, I would look at doing all the prep work then having it blown in. There are a few companies around here that blow it in for a reasonable price or even rent a blower and do it yourself.

Barrett Landscaping
02-09-2012, 01:11 PM
definately have it delivered. you cant haul it cheaper than they can. a semi would probably be around $80 for delivery. rent a 4x4 tractor with a bucket. going from 20 to around 100 yards is a big jump. those are definately a day and a half jobs at least. check into blowing it in as well. i have a guy that does it for $50/yd and my rate is $80/yd so your still making good money for just making the call.

H & M Yard Improvements
02-12-2012, 08:51 PM
With that much mulch, i would see about having it trucked in and see if you can get a company to blow it in. mark up the price a little bit. Easy money without busting your back with a wheel barrow.