PDA

View Full Version : Door Hanger thoughts and opinions

W&Wlawncare
02-09-2012, 02:00 PM
What do you guys think?

TNGrassCutter
02-09-2012, 03:30 PM
If that's just supposed to be a template then its ok, but there's nothing else. I went with one that had the sky in the background.
Posted via Mobile Device

Richard Martin
02-09-2012, 04:56 PM
I don't know what it looks like on your computer but it looks awful on mine. What does it say at the top? It looks like "You'll Like Us Mower"? Did this come as a .pdf? Did A'deas do the type setting on that? If they did then that is a sad job.

W&Wlawncare
02-09-2012, 05:03 PM
no lol, they sent me the template and i filled it in with my stuff. let's try this again on a PDF
Do you get the "you'll like me mower" part or should i take that out?

W&Wlawncare
02-09-2012, 05:05 PM
how about this one?

Richard Martin
02-09-2012, 05:31 PM
Do you get the "you'll like me mower" part or should i take that out? Actually it says "You'll Like Us Mower". Who are you? Popeye. Take that crap off of there.

W&Wlawncare
02-09-2012, 05:43 PM
haha Popeye? Is it that bad? I thought it was clever. Any suggestions as to what to replace it with?
I realize the bottom needs some tweaking also. I think I can handle that on my own. But I was wondering if anything looked out of place, if I was missing something, things looked awkward, were there any troubles understanding the ad, etc?
Do you guys put your email on these things?

Landrus2
02-09-2012, 06:07 PM
Your flyer looks great
Down side on flyers are people usually looking for bargains? :waving:

W&Wlawncare
02-09-2012, 06:39 PM
Thanks Joe, I feel ya on the flyers, but these are gonna be door hangers and I'm gonna target specific areas to deter the bargain hunters. Appreciate the comment

Clonts Landscaping
02-09-2012, 07:22 PM
Not trying to be a jerk, just being honest. That's awful. Does not look professional at all. I just had adeas print some up and I had them send me a package with some doorhangers they have done for other landscapers. I found some I liked and took some ideas from them.

W&Wlawncare
02-09-2012, 07:35 PM
No your not being a jerk haha, your just giving me your opinion and that's what I asked for so thanks. Looks like I need to go back to drawing board. I whipped this one together in like 5 minutes (not joking) and apparently it shows. If I actually put some time into the next one I think I can at least pull off a decent one. Any advice is appreciated from any one with experience on these things.
Clonts did Adeas email them to you or actually physically mail them to you? If you wouldn't mind I'd like to "borrow" some ideas from them too lol.

Clonts Landscaping
02-09-2012, 07:40 PM
They will send them in the mail. If you go to there website there is a link to request a sample kit. I had it 2 days later. Overall I have been happy with them but I dont have my product yet so we will see.

mikegiero
02-09-2012, 10:49 PM
just order them for adeas like i did. I paid the $200 for the stick-it ones and never looked back, in fact they more than payed for themselves on the first phone call i got. I put up like 1800 flyers out of the 2500 i ordered and got a ton of work and ended up with 20 lawn accounts.Plus every person who i talked too told me how much they liked the flyer and how professional it looked.

roeslandscaping
02-09-2012, 11:36 PM
not to be cruel, but i would have someone who does promotional products design one. put a coupon on the bottom for a free cut or something. thats what gets their attention

PK Mows
02-10-2012, 01:01 AM
I mentioned this elsewhere but it's worth mentioning here. YellowBook has a doorhanger that they put out with 18-20 different perforated cards on it. I like it because whenever we get one here at the house, I look it over for oil change coupons and stuff, then my Wife looks it over for an excuse to buy something and then she passes the rest around to friends and family. (She's one of those "Extreme Couponers")

Myself, I don't think anyone could even hope to get that much attention paid to a doorhanger unless it were covered in naked women. And of course they pass them out for you and provide the artwork. A friend of mine uses them for his HVAC service business and gets a lot of calls off the things. And it may lend a little more credibility to a business being associated with other companies and with the recognition of The Yellowbook. The downside is the cost and that they aren't available in all areas. Myself, I'm not using them because I do other things, but for some folk, they'd probably be a good alternative to regular doorhangers.

Here's the link if anyone wants to check them out:

http://www.yellowbook360.com/direct-marketing-doorhangers

sandsforce665
02-10-2012, 07:00 AM
Actually it says "You'll Like Us Mower". Who are you? Popeye. Take that crap off of there.

LMAO :clapping:

That saying is...well...umm...NOT CLEVER!!! Quite the opposite.

Richard Martin
02-10-2012, 07:22 AM
And it may lend a little more credibility to a business being associated with other companies and with the recognition of The Yellowbook.

Yeah, the recognition of taking up space in the trash can. We already get a phone book from the phone company and the yellow book goes right in the trash. Most people around me do likewise or they leave it sitting by the mailbox until it has turned back into wood pulp.

PK Mows
02-11-2012, 04:29 AM
Not saying it's the secret to success, but it is an option worth looking at. Around here in the Spring I get several doorhangers and fliers a week from lawn care companies, I don't even look at them. But the multi-coupon types, another company puts them out as well but I don't recall who they are, do receive attention. Someone who's wanting a coupon for an oil change or 1/2 off a pizza will at least look the things over, if you're on it, then you got the exposure. Some people don't care about such things, you have to find another way to get in front of them. Point is, don't just rely on one thing to market your business.

elitelawnteam1
02-11-2012, 11:08 AM
Not trying to hijack this thread, but I wanted to give you an example. This was my doorhanger last year (from adeas with the sticky on the back, they work great btw) I'm ordering from them again in the coming weeks, I'm adding/changing a few things this year.

I'd also like to note that the prices are different (this specific doorhanger is for the neighborhoods with properties that take me 10 minutes apeice to do) I have different pricing for higher end neighborhoods.

Grasskeepers
02-11-2012, 01:43 PM
i did hangers that had a space to glue,( just a tiny dap) a magnet with all my info. all lot of magets go on the fridge for years.

W&Wlawncare
02-12-2012, 01:38 PM
Thanks Elite for posting your door hanger, looks awesome btw. In response to the feedback I received here I think I am just going to have the professional take care of the design lol. I thought it looked a lot easier than it seemed and wanted to save the $ of design fees, but oh well, what's another $60 when were talking about getting new potential customers :)

Elite, just curious, what edits are you going to make this year on your door hanger?
Also what are some creative and clever coupon ideas???
I sell firewood and was thinking about saying; a free large bundle of firewood in the fall and one free mowing with a seasonal mowing agreement
I saw another company offering free pet waste removal with seasonal agreement.... not really feeling this one haha
Any other ideas you've used to lure new customers? something that will set me aside from the others

elitelawnteam1
02-12-2012, 02:45 PM
Thanks! from looking at your file, It was done in microsoft word. In my opinion, any advertisements done in word are garbage, and it's not the creator's fault really either. Because you can't do as much as you could with something like Adobe Photoshop (which is the software I use). $60 is a pretty good price for design service (if it looks good). For me, I've come a long way from where I started (I got a lot of flack because of my old logo, so I changed it, and that's what I like about LS, you'r able to help critique other's work, and everyone wins.

onto your questions...

1. For my edits, I'm going to be changing my testimonial (I have most of them on my website, and I switch them out each year. I'm getting rid of mowing prices, but keeping aeration and dethatching prices (I don't want to have multiple kinds of brochures (just "FREE ESTIMATES" this year). And I'm also adding Snow and Ice Management as well. I'm sponsoring a county baseball team now (because I now work in different towns, I want to be supporting our county, not just one town.)

2. In some of the higher-end neighborhoods, everybody is friends with everybody, and the subdivisions are tiny. I focus on getting friends to join up together. Whoever finds a friend around my service area gets $10 off a clean-up, or dethatching, etc. If I can get 2 or more within a subdivison, or even better right next to each other, i'll give them both $10 off.

I give new lawn customers a free cut (for a June or July invoice of course)
And that's about all I do as far as discounts and coupons, most people never ask me about them, but that doesn't mean I don't get lots of work.

3. I think firewood is a great idea, I can't remember ever knowing a LCO doing firewood, I think that in itself is unique. The only thing is, that winter is so far away from spring, that it doesn't really make sense (free logs for a fire, when it's 70 degrees out).

4. I hate dog ****, I only have 2 customers with dogs, and they always clean it up before I get there. I don't recommend it for various reasons...
-What happens if you get some on you at the first stop?
-Dog **** is annoying to look for, and sometimes you miss some. (hopefully the owner isnt a PITA)
-Most people don't like doing it, but I've found that they want you to do it for next to nothing (had a few previous customers offer me $5 to do a whole backyard...NO)

5. Do you have a website? If you don't, GET ONE make it decent, and make sure there is a "contact us" page, where they can fill out a form (which is emailed to you) for an estimate request. Also, how many LCOs have online bill pay? Not many. My customers were very happy with the fact that im implementing paypal onto my website, its linked to my checking account, and the money is sent directly there (no fees to pay). using a credit or debit card is more convenient for the client than writing a check, and there's a good chance you'll have less aging recievables (less waiting to be paid).

And going back to my last post about google, you should put your business up on google. That has had to be the best and FREE marketing tool you can use.

the link is below

http://www.google.com/places/

If you've got any questions, shoot me a PM

W&Wlawncare
02-29-2012, 08:57 PM
Got my proof from A'deas. Any changes should I make? What do you guys think? :waving:

W&Wlawncare
02-29-2012, 10:25 PM
bump to the top

W&Wlawncare
03-01-2012, 03:03 PM
to the top

Richard Martin
03-01-2012, 03:59 PM
I would change some of the text. You have a major league run on sentence in part of it.

This is what I would put on the back...

If you have been looking for the right
professional to care for your yard or a
service that truly takes pride in their
work then look no further. At W&W Lawn
Care it would be my honor to ensure
that you have the best looking yard in the
neighborhood. I will put my full dedication
into maintaining your property to
it's full potential. If this is something that
may interest you, please call for a free
estimate on any of your outdoor projects!

torotorotoro
03-01-2012, 04:13 PM
Actually it says "You'll Like Us Mower". Who are you? Popeye. Take that crap off of there.

hahahahahah. love the popeye joke. hate the flyer.

W&Wlawncare
03-01-2012, 04:20 PM
did you even look at the right one? torotorotoro
the correct door hanger is in the fifth last post

bustutah
03-03-2012, 12:18 PM
The new door hanger looks good. I would not spend money to put anything on the back though. The front will or will not sell them on your service. Customers won't take time to read the stuff on the back. Good Luck

elitelawnteam1
03-04-2012, 10:21 AM
Much better! a few things i would note, even though it might seem better to have ur coupons in different positions, if the one on the left was as low as the one on the right, youd be able to make your text bigger. To me the "services:" is WAYYY to small. You pay a good price for adeas to print these, so you want to make sure people can read them. Going back to mine, I made my text as big as possible (you need to accomodate the elderly, the people who in most cases HAVE to hire a service)

Also, I don't think the estimate is worded strongly enough, to me it feels like you left them room for interpretation.
I'd go with something that in tells them that ur not walking around their house, or say this estimate was only performed on the street, for a final, accurate estimate, call us at (you) rnu-mber

Good job on using no colors, everything stands out because of the outline, make things a bit bigger and ur good to go.