PDA

View Full Version : affordable trailers out of GA

eco.lawns
02-09-2012, 02:03 PM
I came across these (http://www.tramptrailers.com) trailers while searching ebay. they are very affordable, they offer a 8x20ft v-nose enclosed trailer for $3,750. I am wondering if anyone down south has experience with this brand and can speak to their quality.

Advertised standard features:

Heavy Duty 6" TUBE STEEL Main Frame
Rear Spring Assisted Ramp Door with (2) Barlocks for Security, EZ Lube Hinge Pins, & 16" Transitional Ramp Flap
16" On Center WALL & FLOOR Cross Members
(2) 3,500lb 4" Drop Axles w/ All Wheel Electric Brakes & EZ LUBE Grease Fittings
36" Side Door with RV FLUSH LOCK & 2-KEYS
6'6" Interior Height
Galvalume Roof
2 5/16" Coupler
Heavy Duty Safety Chains
7-Way Round "Bargman"
3/8" Heavy Duty Grade Plywood Walls
3/4" Heavy Duty Grade Plywood Floors
Heavy Duty Smooth Fender Flares
2K A-Frame Top Wind Jack
Deluxe License Plate Box
Quality Exterior Grade Paint
(1) Non- powered Interior Roof Vent
(1) 12 Volt Interior Trailer Light
24" Diamond Plate ATP Front Stone Guard
15" Biasply (ST205-15) Tires
Quality Marine Grade Undercoating

DoetschOutdoor
02-09-2012, 05:23 PM
Maybe the quality is different at different places down south but I had BAD luck with my trailer that i got from down there...fell apart after 6 months of use and was junk! Luckily, it got rear ended and since it was so cheaply priced from down there, I was able to use it for 2 years and still get all but $50 of my money back from the insurance company.

DA Quality Lawn & YS
02-09-2012, 05:38 PM
16" OC frame isn't necessarily cheap though, it is actually an upgrade from most mfg's.

eco.lawns
02-10-2012, 12:39 AM
They seem well thought out but its a gamble on how well they are put together and the quality of materials. I cant seem to find any reviews on them online

eco.lawns
02-11-2012, 07:54 AM
Nobody has heard of these guys?

Porkins
02-13-2012, 01:29 PM
IIRC that company was under a different name two years ago. Not 100% sure on that.

DoetschOutdoor
02-13-2012, 05:45 PM
Maybe it was the same POS company that my POS trailer was made by! Had nothing but problems with them from the delivery and everything thereafter. Guy wouldnt return my emails and calls were dead and did a little diggin here on the internet and found out the guy went bankrupt right after I took delivery of my trailer!

DA Quality Lawn & YS
02-14-2012, 12:00 AM
doestch at least you got the trailer. could have been hi and dri!

eco.lawns
02-14-2012, 09:47 AM
So I called them up and spoke to a sales rep, they can have a custom trailer built in 4 weeks and their prices seem too good to be true. If anyone is in the douglas, GA area stop by their shop and report back. I know the price is lower because they sell factory direct but dang those are cheap.

FryDaddy
02-14-2012, 11:11 AM
is this the same place of Down 2 Earth trailers with a different name, if so I used to see there trailers on ebay for cheap.
Posted via Mobile Device

DoetschOutdoor
02-14-2012, 12:10 PM
doestch at least you got the trailer. could have been hi and dri!

Oh, I didnt pay a dime until I took delivery of it. Left town here on July 3, spent the 4th in chatanooga with friends, then went down to the border of tennessee on July 5th to take delivery. Showed up to the office to find it completely abandoned and no one to take calls on the day after the holiday. Luckily I was able to get ahold of my parents and they got on my email and found the home office number. Owner answered and promised I would have my trailer a few hours later. Well, after driving around on $4 a gallon gas all day and walking the isles of walmart for a few hours, the trailer was still no where to be found. The most redneck, lowlife guy and his son finally showed up at midnight with my trailer! His truck hood actually flew off and put a small dent in the diamond plate on the front of my new trailer! Cost me an extra day and a few hundred extra bucks overall but I only lost $50 when the trailer was totalled 2 years later and I upgraded from a 12' trailer to a 16' v nose so I just kinda laugh when I think about the whole ordeal.

eco.lawns
02-14-2012, 10:56 PM
is this the same place of Down 2 Earth trailers with a different name, if so I used to see there trailers on ebay for cheap.
Posted via Mobile Device

Down2 earth seems to be a different company from looking at their website

Ben I
02-25-2012, 11:54 PM
the brand of the trailer your talking about on eBay is diamond cargo I looked into them also. ended up ordering a trailer locally from a company in GA called covered wagon for about 500 more than the 3750 and don't have to drive to GA and get it!
Posted via Mobile Device

eco.lawns
02-26-2012, 09:09 AM
I will have to look into covered wagon. Do they sell factory direct or via dealerships?

Ben I
02-26-2012, 03:29 PM
I'M not sure. . ordered mine through a dealer but you can check
Posted via Mobile Device

EverestLandscape
01-27-2013, 11:55 PM
I'm in jersey and got mine from GA. 7x16 vnose $3,250 shipped. This spring will be four years of having it and the only thin replaced is the wood flap on the door but that gets beat to hell. Mine is a Freedom Trailer brand but sounds like the same stuff.
Posted via Mobile Device

ygim
01-29-2013, 11:00 AM
Bought a traier 24 ft vnose had for three years now not sure if it same company freedom