PDA

View Full Version : Placed an order in...

Rick13
02-09-2012, 03:46 PM
for Lawn Solutions/Toro/ now ExMark 30" Riding Aerator. The local dealer said that Exmark will have a $750.00 Rebate on the Rider to bring it down to $8000.00-ish...before taxes. And the dealer also said they should have it around the beginning of March 2012.

I am very excited about having dealer support, getting parts quickly, and service locally.

Since I might be one of maybe 10 people who have a Lawn Solutions 24" Dual Hydro Aerator and now ExMark's 30" Riding Aerator. I think the Red (Exmark) & Green (Lawn Solutions) aerators will have a nice Christmas looking going on in the back of my trailer this Spring!!!

Anyone else ordering any aerators???

jfoxtrot9
02-09-2012, 06:50 PM
Congrats on your purchase! I am envious of your Dual Hydro though!! (I have an '09 LS 21") I have been trying to get my hands on one of those for several months. I am hearing July availability through Exmark.

You probably won't receive many responses about your latest purchase. A lot of the fellows around here seem to have a dislike of anything Lawn Solutions, even if LS no longer exists. I do understand their frustration with LS, as I got screwed by them as well, but truth is, the Dual Hydro and the machine you just bought are indeed second to none in aerating efficiency!Best of luck with your new purchase.:usflag:

Rick13
02-09-2012, 09:18 PM
I understand.... I think I bothered David from Lawn Solutions calling almost every week to get my hands on the dual hydro. And the day they said I would get it on Friday...I was like...REALLY!!! So like I said...I was really surprised and being a pain finally paid off on have a collector item (Lawn Solutions Dual Hydro).

The ExMark 30" Riding Aerator is on schedule for March 1, 2012.

And you right jfoxtrot9, ExMark's New Dual Hydro Aerators won't come out until Mid-July 2012. But the single hydro 21" and riding 30" aerators will start around March...so my ExMark Dealer has told me.

Thanks for the congrats!!! Now all we need is to get warmer weather in Illinois!!!

DA Quality Lawn & YS
02-09-2012, 11:17 PM
They want almost $9K for the rider?
Im sure its quite a machine, but wow what a price tag.

Gilmore.Landscaping
02-09-2012, 11:48 PM
Well if you compare it to a stander mower its priced reasonably. Its an investment I am not ready to make yet but have always loved my toro/exmarks and I could definitely see one in the near future.

Bee sure to keep us updated on how you like it. I checked one out at a trade show last month, seemed pretty slick...I hope they live up to my expectation of exmark.

Rick13
02-10-2012, 01:01 AM
Hi DA Quality Lawn & YS, I know you read that its going to be $9000...but with ExMark's Rebate of $750 off...it's under Lawn Solutions price of $8500.00 for 13.5 Subaru Engine/their old design.

Still $8250.00 is still a lot of money for a piece of equipment that you use for a few months....but I see it as an investment.

So many people cut yards now...and it's a great way to make money. So the lawn mowing business over populated which drive prices way down. You need to figure another way to get new customers with a different service...and I think with aeration you can have a new approach. You can come in and do the work very quickly and professional. Now you have your foot in the door. Now your new found customer might want other services your business is offering and you've beaten the "cold call" invitation.

It's not reinventing the wheel, just presenting it in a different light.

I've made a plan on my marketing, tracking my web traffic through Google Analytics, and now I just need March to come (get another piece of equipment) and warmer weather and I am enjoying watching the pieces come together. I will keep you updated on the website, my advertising, and hopefully and new, reliable, quick, fun to use riding aerator.

I've enjoyed everyone's comments and I think there is a great wealth of helpful information on Lawnsite!