PDA

View Full Version : Angies List Mailing Electronic Devices

mdvaden
02-09-2012, 07:21 PM
Thought this must fit the business section. Maybe some of you business managers might like to know how another company is advertising too, even if it is Angie's List.

I've never got something like this in the mail before. After price letter openers that hold business cards, I can only speculate what this gadget must have cost per address they send it to. Wonder if we are a test mailing or if they have done that elsewhere.

This thing is actually loud for it's size. If held in our kitchen, anybody in the living room would be able to hear it clearly. I was wondering what the heck was the lump. I found it only because I ripped the mailing in half like I usually do with Angie's List mailings. Then this gadget dangled on a shred

And the question is, does it have more than one function?

:)

crazymike
02-10-2012, 01:59 AM
What does it do.

mdvaden
02-10-2012, 02:45 AM
What does it do.

It's a spoken advertisement.

Voice recording of a woman for Angie's List.

And the volume is substantial for it's size. Sort a cool mailing, but wow, what a big mailing bill per every 10,000 households.

They must be raking in some pretty good income these days.

:)

grass-scapes
02-10-2012, 02:33 PM
Its the same thing that you see in those musical greeting cards.

srl28
02-10-2012, 04:35 PM
And here I thought they had sent you a new cell phone lol, just kidding. Thats a nifty trick! Must cost quite a bit but things can be made very cheap overseas now, especially in such large quantities. And it worked, I'm sure we're not the only people you told the story to, helps the word spread.

grass-scapes
02-10-2012, 04:49 PM
Here is a company that offers exactly what they did.

http://www.voice-express.com/marketing/

DUSTYCEDAR
02-10-2012, 05:12 PM
they keep trying to get me to sign up with them.
neat looking dodad