PDA

View Full Version : Finally Installed After Market Air Filter

JML
11-28-2002, 09:59 AM
What a difference. We finally put on the Donaldson Air Filter Kit our Super Z. Its amazing how clean the oil is now, the filter still looks brand new, and its been on for about a month doing clean ups. Well worth the investment for anyone who owns a z. The only question I have is if I want to put the BacVac on, do I have to take it off or can it be relocated, if anyone knows. Thanks

joe

mowerconsultant
11-28-2002, 11:32 AM
You do not have to remove the filter system to mount the Bac-Vac.
It gets close but it will not hit, or touch the Bac-Vac.

Hope this helps
Pj

Trav
12-01-2002, 03:40 AM
So how much was the new Donaldson filter kit?

JimLewis
12-08-2002, 12:44 AM
Hey Joe,

I was just checking out your web site. I don't mind that you ripped off my little sticky note from our web page. Heck, I think I ripped that off about 7 years ago from someone else's.

And I don't even mind that you copied (verbatum) the text from our web site about Core Aeration and Dethatching. But if you're going to copy our text, please at least do yourself a favor and edit it correctly first.

on this page, http://www.jmurray.com/core.html
you write several things which don't apply to you

1) "Along with most of the top landscape companies in the northwest..."

You're not from the NW.

2) "Lewis Landscape Services has decided to no longer perform dethatching."

People are reading that thinking, Lewis who? Who is that???"

3) "The Professional Turf Center, who are the local authorities on turf maintenance, recommend aerating twice per year for optimal results. "

You have store called "The Professional Turf Center" in NJ too? I think not.

Furthermore, the fact that we don't often do dethatching has more to do with the fact that most lawns in this area are made of perennial ryegrass (which builds up thatch about as fast as it breaks it down) and that may not apply in NJ.

Finally, this text is a little outdated. I wrote it 4 or 5 years ago when I knew a lot less about the subject than I do now. I really need to revise this page on my web site (where you stole the text from) and I advise you do the same. After some more experience, I actually do find some situations where dethathching is a very necessary solution.

KirbysLawn
12-10-2002, 05:53 PM
LMAO, Jim that is funny. Very sad that someone can't write their own text for their website, or at least edit the other lawn companies name out of the text. That is both sad and funny.