PDA

View Full Version : Scag v-ride demo units today

blakerugg
02-09-2012, 09:32 PM
so my buddy and i picked up our scag demos today for the weekend, and with snow in the forecast we figured we'd try and cut the field (hay up to 2' tall and i even ran over some very small saplings with no problems) tonight and tomorrow night before dark. all i can say is these things rip. fast, amazing suction under the deck, smooth ride etc. and plenty of power!

only complaints:
deck handle is in weird location and almost sorta heavy when standing on the machine

on hills it seemed as if the controls didnt snap back to N as quick as the should have, they took me for a little ride lol

it doesn't seem as nimble as i thought it'd be. it feels no different than a ztr, only youre standing.

wish i was able to compare side by side to wright and exmark!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SvOz7Z7f1wE&feature=youtu.be

blakerugg
02-09-2012, 09:33 PM
the one that u can see the caster wheel in it is the before, the after one is pretty obvious...

integrityman
02-10-2012, 12:48 AM
Thanks for the thread.

I like the Scag V-Ride. I also like the Toro grandstand..... I dont like the price of the Toro nor do I think they cut as well. I like the fact that you can get off the Toro and use as a sort of W/B mower in situations that demand it....A nice feature on a hill or tight spot where delicate maneuverability is a must.

I wish scag would incorporate a switch that wouldnt cut the engine when the operator steps off and the blades are engaged......

martinlawn29
02-10-2012, 01:05 AM
I have a few grandstands I enjoy them would demo a scag they are not popular in my area no dealers near by ... Sounds like you take demo to a new level running small trees over ! Poor sucker that buys that demo from your dealer haha

BrunoT
02-10-2012, 03:07 AM
saplings eh? Note to self, don't buy anymore demo mowers!

martinlawn29
02-10-2012, 05:20 AM
saplings eh? Note to self, don't buy anymore demo mowers!

Haha no dout !

blakerugg
02-10-2012, 06:14 AM
Haha no dout !

hey it's February and 30* gotta try it on something lol. maybe saplings was an exaggeration. briars is a more appropriate term lol
Posted via Mobile Device

cgaengineer
02-10-2012, 06:25 AM
We are demoing one next week...can't wait!
Posted via Mobile Device

integrityman
02-10-2012, 01:09 PM
We are demoing one next week...can't wait!
Posted via Mobile Device

CGA- Are you going to demo the grandstand or exmark stander too? Would love to hear your report!

cgaengineer
02-10-2012, 07:11 PM
CGA- Are you going to demo the grandstand or exmark stander too? Would love to hear your report!

No, I'm not very fond of the Gs or the Exmark, though I am a Toro fan. I want a machine that was built as a stander, not a walk behind that was re-engineered as one. I wanted to demo a Wright but the dealer closest to me is too far to go if I need something.
Posted via Mobile Device

weeze
02-10-2012, 07:18 PM
i like the v-rides.

rollman
02-10-2012, 07:27 PM
How did you like the mulcher over the side discharge ? Was it hard on your body standing all that time ?

jbell36
02-10-2012, 08:23 PM
wait, am i reading this right? the scag turns off if you step off of the platform?

cgaengineer
02-10-2012, 08:52 PM
wait, am i reading this right? the scag turns off if you step off of the platform?

I will fix that...
Posted via Mobile Device

jbell36
02-10-2012, 08:54 PM
ha, yeah i'm sure it's a simple "fix," but that's just stupid to have on there to begin with...

417lawncare
02-10-2012, 10:14 PM
its only when the blade is engaged you can press a button two inches from your hand to turn the blades off, then it wont cut the engine when u get off. I love mine!

cgaengineer
02-10-2012, 10:17 PM
its only when the blade is engaged you can press a button two inches from your hand to turn the blades off, then it wont cut the engine when u get off. I love mine!

Like a Toro T2?
Posted via Mobile Device

417lawncare
02-10-2012, 10:22 PM
Idk about the similarities between vride and a t2 its not a stander from what
I saw on google.

cgaengineer
02-10-2012, 10:27 PM
Idk about the similarities between vride and a t2 its not a stander from what
I saw on google.

My T2 is a WB but has same controls as vride...I'm thinking the button is the Pto.
Posted via Mobile Device

blakerugg
02-12-2012, 10:05 AM
How did you like the mulcher over the side discharge ? Was it hard on your body standing all that time ?

i hate mulching. maybe on green lawns that are maintained every week but even then id rather collect. yes mulching is better for the grass but i still dont like it lol.

naturally, the side discharge did better in the tall field. BUT the mulcher did just fine considering it was a field. im sure itd perform great in normal conditions.

only when the deck is engaged