PDA

View Full Version : gravely vs snapper

scottslawncareav
02-10-2012, 05:58 PM
I am going to get a new mower a little later in the year. I was going to get a snapper but hear about it clogging but that would be the only issue i have heard. Heard a lot of bad things about torro locally. I currently have 2 hondas so a couple of wet lawns mowing with the honda wouldn't be the end of the world. I just want to get a nicer finish cut with more suction. has anyone used the Gravely classic lm series, the gravely pro 21 xd , the exmark 21 x series, or any other 21 inch for this purpose.

A.T.G LAWN CARE
02-10-2012, 06:26 PM
i have a 21 snapper and love it, one of the best 21 that Ive owned love it, cut great, starts easy, super reliable for usein several times in a week. i also have a older 21 exmarklove it to. but i would but the snapper:cool2:

scottslawncareav
02-10-2012, 10:53 PM
does the exmark have as much suction as the snapper?

A.T.G LAWN CARE
02-12-2012, 03:34 PM
yes, it does have as much, but the bag for exmark is a little quicker to get off, i would go snapper and save 200 or more bucks:cool2:

scottslawncareav
02-12-2012, 06:43 PM
ok thanks first i got to get a new h trimmer. had bought an echo last year and the year before. i keep having problems with the carbs gumming up. My dealer says echo is notorious for that im using stihl mix and i use the thing probably 3-4 hours a week on mostly privets and box woods, doesn't even really sit a week without being used at least once. last year i had problems with stihl w trimmer but not blower and my echo blower but not trimmer. im thinking ill stick with echo w trimmers and stihl blowers but have only tried echo h trimmers.
What would be a reliable h trimmer red max, stihl or another brand?

A.T.G LAWN CARE
02-14-2012, 04:41 PM
ive allways used echo for line trimmers and blowers, i have an off brand hedge trimmer, so i would ask a few dealers close to u but me and my dad have all ways bought echo for our bussiness':)