PDA

View Full Version : Vanity phone numbers????

magneto259
02-11-2012, 09:39 AM
Hello all,

Im in the sealcoating business but I find your business forum to be the best. I was wondering about vanity phone numbers. Do any of you use them? Do you think they are worth the money? I think they give alittle more professional edge over a standard phone number. Thanks in advance!

wbw
02-11-2012, 12:13 PM
Mine didn't cost anything extra. They are easier for the customers to remember. Anything that you do to hep them remember you over the competition is good.

magneto259
02-11-2012, 01:04 PM
Thanks for the reply. If you don't mind me asking you, who do you use for that service? Thanks in advance.

wbw
02-11-2012, 03:43 PM
I called AT&T (our local provider) and requested a new phone line with the last 4 digits of 6299 (MAXX). I told them I didn't care which exchange or area code (we have more than one in Houston) it was in. They gave me the number and I immediately went to Verizon and ported the new number to my cell phone.

My understanding has always been that if a number you want is available they will give it to you.

magneto259
02-11-2012, 07:11 PM
Thanks for the reply. I'll have to call our local provider windstream to see what they have available. I use my cell phone as my business phone also. Thanks!

whoopassonthebluegrass
02-11-2012, 11:50 PM
I have a vanity #. Got it when I jumped on Google Voice a couple years back. Honestly, it makes virtually zero impact on my business, despite being plastered on my truck and paperwork.

I probably get more calls from my neighbors at that number than from customers...

wbw
02-12-2012, 11:50 AM
Thanks for the reply. I'll have to call our local provider windstream to see what they have available. I use my cell phone as my business phone also. Thanks!

I was unable to get the number I wanted through a wireless provider and had to get it for a land line and then port it.

tras
02-12-2012, 02:30 PM
I have a vanity landline number that routes to my mobile phone. -LAWN(5296)

whoopassonthebluegrass
02-12-2012, 02:57 PM
I have a vanity landline number that routes to my mobile phone. -LAWN(5296)

That's my #, too. Maybe that's why mine doesn't work - they're all going to you. :laugh: