PDA

View Full Version : Contacting old customers

bubbska
02-14-2012, 10:58 AM
Hi, all

Would like to get some feedback on something. Three years ago, I sold a business that I owned for over 20 years. We did mantained lawns and did snow removal. The people that bought the business really ran it into the ground and have about 25% of the clients left. I have been told they have had enough want to sell whats left and wish they had never done it. I have no interest in buying it.

I would like to start doing lawns and snow in that city again. I was thinking about sending a letter to old customers telling them that we would be doing business again in that city. There was a no compete clause in the sale of the company. The no compete clause ended late last year.

Let me know what you think. Thanks

CTS Lawn & Landscape
02-14-2012, 11:13 AM
If you can get them back then great! Problem I see is will they trust you to not go selling them off again to another co. when you want to get out of the business again???

I've been in the situation where a co. sold their clients off to another co. and they hated the new co. work and left them. I took care of them and started a relationship and trust with them that they like my work and I highly doubt someone (Even previous co.) could come in and take them away. In my area, I feel that once a customer likes your work, trusts you, and starts a more than business relationship they will not leave you. Unless they lose their jobs.

Good luck in getting them back if you can. Hopefully they do not like the co. doing their lawns now.

wbw
02-14-2012, 06:31 PM
These customers are fair game. If it makes business sense then go for it.

I have mixed emotions in regards to soliciting the customers that are still with the new service provider. This could hurt your chances of selling next time.
Posted via Mobile Device