PDA

View Full Version : Best price on Mobil 1??

PLS-Tx
02-14-2012, 01:58 PM
Not sure if this is the best place to post this.

I have been buying the 5 quart jugs at Wal-Mart for $24.50.

I looked online to see if I could order it for less and ever place I looked was more, a lot more.

Any thoughts?

ecurbthims
02-14-2012, 02:07 PM
try a big truck shop thats a detroit diesel dealer ,you might get a better price .

dboyd351
02-14-2012, 09:21 PM
Try shopping the discount auto parts stores when they have sales. They often have deals like 5 quarts of synthetic oil plus a filter for around $25. They seem to rotate which synthetic oil is on sale at the moment. I wait until they are selling a brand I like then buy whatever the deal is. Usually end up getting the filter for free and paying about $25 for 5 qts of full synthetic oil.

Where you from in Texas? Anywhere near Victoria?

PLS-Tx
02-15-2012, 01:11 AM
Try shopping the discount auto parts stores when they have sales. They often have deals like 5 quarts of synthetic oil plus a filter for around $25. They seem to rotate which synthetic oil is on sale at the moment. I wait until they are selling a brand I like then buy whatever the deal is. Usually end up getting the filter for free and paying about $25 for 5 qts of full synthetic oil.

Where you from in Texas? Anywhere near Victoria?

We are about 80 miles east of Houston. Victoria is south of Houston, I think about 80 miles.

I have been there a few times but it's been a while.

Florida Gardener
02-15-2012, 09:19 AM
Costco runs an add on motor oil a lot. When the deal is on mobil 1 they give you a coupon for $9 off a case of 6. The unit price per qt. is $5 something before the extra $9 off so I think it comes out to less than $4.9 if I have the figures correct. It's crazy how much a qt of mobil 1 is these days at auto stores and sears. It's now over $8 qt. At sears.
Posted via Mobile Device

snow4me
02-18-2012, 08:26 PM
As previously mentioned...I've bought it at Walmart for anywhere from $24-$6 for 5 quart jug.

Then last summer I saw the Costco coupon deal and bought 3 cases...forgot the exact cost per quart but it was a better deal than Walmart.

Florida Gardener
02-18-2012, 10:58 PM
As previously mentioned...I've bought it at Walmart for anywhere from $24-$6 for 5 quart jug.

Then last summer I saw the Costco coupon deal and bought 3 cases...forgot the exact cost per quart but it was a better deal than Walmart.

Costco will also run the deal on penzoil. I'm not that picky on what the mowers get. If mobil 1 is a great price I will buy it, but I will buy something else that is cheaper. The Tundra however strictly gets Amsoil synthetic.
Posted via Mobile Device