PDA

View Full Version : Letter to Potential Clients

pattytastik
02-14-2012, 06:28 PM
Using Zillow.com (a real estate web site) I found certain houses in various zip codes that I would like to pursue that have new home owners (in the last 90 days), and I am designing a letter to try to get them to use us for lawn care or other services that we offer. What do you guys think of it? Please make corrections.

Thanks Everyone!!!

TNGrassCutter
02-14-2012, 06:33 PM
Beautify your new properties landscape should be property's
Posted via Mobile Device

pattytastik
02-14-2012, 06:34 PM
Beautify your new properties landscape should be property's
Posted via Mobile Device

Great catch! Thanks! What do you think of it in general?

fireman gus
02-14-2012, 08:22 PM
I think you will get some calls from this. A good idea.

Lefet
02-14-2012, 08:28 PM
It is a great idea. We do that, actually designed a little "welcome to the neighborhood" basket, calendar, fridge magnet, etc.....
Great way to get new clients!!

mowerbrad
02-14-2012, 09:40 PM
I would try to get the person's actual name if at all possible, that would make it far more personal and not so generic (but I don't know if you can get names or not).

I like the overall flow of letter, but I don't particularly care for the part where you say that you started the business just as a way to earn money for college. I liked the part where you stated that you were working on getting your degrees in related fields.

I think the idea mentioned above about including a refridgerator magnet or small calendar is great! Makes you stand out from the rest of the "crowd".

RLS24
02-14-2012, 09:41 PM
Using Zillow.com (a real estate web site) I found certain houses in various zip codes that I would like to pursue that have new home owners (in the last 90 days), and I am designing a letter to try to get them to use us for lawn care or other services that we offer. What do you guys think of it? Please make corrections.

Thanks Everyone!!!

It is a great idea. We do that, actually designed a little "welcome to the neighborhood" basket, calendar, fridge magnet, etc.....
Great way to get new clients!!

Both really great ideas!

elitelawnteam1
02-14-2012, 10:42 PM
How did you use zillow to do this? Because of school, I'm nearly at max capacity with mowing accounts, and I'm expecting a few new accounts from Google, so I'm not going to do as many flyers as I have in the past, but I'd like to control my advertising more.

pife999
02-14-2012, 10:59 PM
I have read your letter and I think that you may be able to use some resources at your college to better it. You have a couple unique word uses. The idea is great! Good luck and be sure to report back your success rate. My mother-in-law does this for their alarm company with color postcards and has good success.

pattytastik
02-14-2012, 11:01 PM
How did you use zillow to do this? Because of school, I'm nearly at max capacity with mowing accounts, and I'm expecting a few new accounts from Google, so I'm not going to do as many flyers as I have in the past, but I'd like to control my advertising more.

It's pretty simple. When you go to zillow.com search for the zip code you want to expand in, you will see a bunch of search features to choose from. Select "recently sold", and depending on how selective you want to be you can choose other settings. Personally, I set a price range of 250k-600k for the price that the house sold for to prevent dealing with lower class clients. That should give a pretty concise pool of potential clients. Hope that explained it

pattytastik
02-14-2012, 11:28 PM
Revised the paragraph about how we began the business to earn money for college. See attached. Thank you in advance!

xclusive
02-14-2012, 11:34 PM
Personally i think it should say "Dear New Home Owner". Also your list should be properly aligned for both lists. It may just be that I'm viewing the doc from my iPad so if that's the case I apologize.

pattytastik
02-14-2012, 11:38 PM
Personally i think it should say "Dear New Home Owner". Also your list should be properly aligned for both lists. It may just be that I'm viewing the doc from my iPad so if that's the case I apologize.

Thanks, and yeah it is because your on an ipad. When I view it on my iphone it is the same way. On a computer it is perfectly aligned. Thanks for your suggestions.

TNGrassCutter
02-14-2012, 11:59 PM
At the end change real soon to very soon or soon or something similar. I like the idea also, I may try it out.
Posted via Mobile Device

Noahslawnservices
02-15-2012, 12:01 AM
It seems like a very good idea

pattytastik
02-15-2012, 12:08 PM
Our business is in PA, and every year the season starts a different date, but I feel like we typically do the first cut around April 1st. If we did our first cut then when would be the best time to send these out? We don't want to send them too early that people aren't thinking about the spring yet, and we don't want to send it too late that people have already been solicited by other companies.

DUSTYCEDAR
02-15-2012, 12:46 PM
send now now its warm out send out again next month

pattytastik
02-15-2012, 12:48 PM
send now now its warm out send out again next month

That's exactly what I was thinking of doing. Thanks!

pattytastik
02-15-2012, 05:41 PM
Some of the properties that come up are HUGE! (40k-60k square feet lots). We have only done smaller properties and have recently bought an exmark 36, so we are trying to get larger properties. Up to what size property would you say an exmark 36 could handle (for it to be worth the time). Most of the properties that we are looking at around around 10k-25k square feet lots.

DUSTYCEDAR
02-15-2012, 06:06 PM
mow blow and go
the more u get done the more u make
avoid bidding low on the big stuff just to get it u will loose
10k and under lots pay more per sq ft:weightlifter:

TheBetterDoorhanger
02-16-2012, 09:13 PM
We have a great little welcome packet idea. With Band-It you could package up your business card, flyer & perforated coupon, door hanger or whatever you like all on one Band-It! It's the beauty of Band-It Take a look:
http://www.adeasprinting.com/Door-Hangers
Add Stick-It and you've really got an amazing welcome packet for those new prospects. Your customer can stick your ad right to their fridge!
Call us & I will send you all FREE samples so you can see our quality for yourself!!!!

We also have free design services available & awesome prices. :)

Robin Christopherson
A'DEAS Printing
Home of Band-It & Stick-It® Products
www.AdeasPrinting.com
robin@adeasprinting.com
(316) 269-2494 ext. 204
(866) 251-3181 fax
719 S. St. Francis
Wichita, KS 67211

wbw
02-16-2012, 10:41 PM
I agree that you should personalize this with the homeowner's name. This info should be available from the local taxing authority (most likely online).

Lux Lawn
02-16-2012, 11:49 PM
Great idea, years ago I did something similar using house's that sold listed in the newspaper.