PDA

View Full Version : Anyone use waveaccounting.com?

mkarps
02-14-2012, 07:24 PM
I'm trying to see if I really need a quickbooks, or xero, or something like it. I am using Service Auto Pilot but am wondering do any of you use another program such as this? Or does Service Auto Pilot give you enough to go on? Currently I just do it like a shoebox. Organize at tax time and enter into turbotax. Service auto pilot gives me totals in revenue, sales tax collected, etc. Just don't know why I would need one of these accounting programs? anyone?

BeachysLawn
02-15-2012, 11:44 AM
It depends on where you want to take your business. If you want to keep it small, SA gives you basic accounting system to track all your expenses as well so you really wouldn't need anything additional.

I also use Service Autopilot, but I use Quickbooks for our accounting and I eventually will sign up to sync between the two.

As far as Wave Accounting, we gave them a try for a couple months but it wound up importing information from my personal accounts in addition to my business and totally screwed up my books on there. Thankfully, I was using Quickbooks as well so that saved me a lot of headache.

mkarps
02-15-2012, 07:35 PM
Yeah. I just don't know how if I really need anything besides SA. I'll probably do 120k in sales. Gas and fertilizer will be my biggest expense. Seems easy to just punch in sales and expenses at the end of the year and be done with it.

mkarps
02-16-2012, 02:04 AM
Also I've noticed you are able to select the accounts you want to include as business. Don't have to pick all from one bank etc. Maybe this is an improvement from when you had tried it. So far I'm digging it ALOT. All I'm looking for is something BASIC to track my balances between Business and Personal Checking and expenses. The price...free...is definitely better than paying for quickbooks.

BeachysLawn
02-16-2012, 11:10 AM
That was the problem. I had selected only my business accounts for import and it worked fine then suddenly it had imported all the data from my main personal checking for the past month along with my business data and lumped it all together.

But give it a try and see if you like it. It can't hurt and won't cost you anything. You could of course avoid that problem by having your business and personal accounts at different banks.

mkarps
02-16-2012, 02:59 PM
I have them at the same bank but under different logins so that probably helps. Although I have been using one personal credit card for business purchases and then paying it off with my business checking and it is keeping them seperate completely so far. There is a tab on top for my business which only shows accounts I import as business. Also ran a report and it only shows my business checking and the one credit card from my personal which I use as business. So far very impressed.