PDA

View Full Version : Transaxle Oil Change and Grease Fittings...?s

Revomaxx88
02-14-2012, 09:06 PM
I have a Hustler 48" Fastrak Super Duty. It has the ZT 3100 Transaxles. Says to change oil and filters at 75 hrs or 1 year. Its been one year and 49 hours so I want to do it anyway. Anyone have a how to video or something? I guess its pretty simple but have never done it before. And how do I know how much grease to put in when doing all the grease fittings on the machine?

RonAyersMotorsports
02-16-2012, 11:31 AM
As for changing the Hydro oil you will need to see your local dealer to purchase the OEM Hydro filters one for each transaxle. Then drain oil from system by first removing the protection cups around the spin off oil filter then removing the filters. One at a time to avoid a mess. Then also remove a fill plug at the top side of transaxle above the parking brake on transaxle. After reinstalling the filters fill the transaxles by using the reserve tank under the seat. System holds about 5qts of 20w-50 Motor oil. Fill each side until oil runs out of the fill plug. Then reinstall the fill plug and continue filling tank until just the bottom of the tank is covered with oil. DO NOT FILL OIL UP OR HALFWAY UP TANK OR WHEN UNIT BECOMES HOT IT WILL EXPAND AND OIL WILL BE EVERYWHERE. (UNIT SHOULD BE WARM FIRST TO MAKE OIL CHANGE QUICKER AND EASIER) As for the grease fittings fill till old grease pushes out of area.