PDA

View Full Version : Customer's Credit Card Payment on your Cell Phone

Rick13
02-14-2012, 11:25 PM
Has anyone tried Intuit GoPayments? Intuit will send you a credit card reader so your lawn customer's can now pay you with their credit cards. I just ordered Intuit's "Pay-As-You-Go" (charge you per transition with no monthly fee, no monthly minimum charges, and no set up fee). Intuit does charge you 2.7% to Swipe a credit card and 3.7% to Key in a credit card. But I thought it might be a good way to make it easier for customers to pay you instead of trying to avoid you. What do you think?

Intuit also has a higher volume plan where you pay a monthly fee of $12.95 each month...but your Swipe Rate is 1.7% and Keyed Rate is 2.7%. You still get a free Intuit Credit Card Reader and no monthly minimum and no setup fee.

Does anyone offer this for their customers? If not, are you going to?

stevenf
02-15-2012, 12:55 AM
I just setup a similar thing for Square Card Reader. It works the same way and I am going to try and use it this year when someone request it.

Rick13
02-15-2012, 01:05 AM
I just head about Square Card Reader tonight. I figured I would try Intuit since they make Quicken (which I use for personal/business), QuickBooks, TurboTax, etc...and usually their products are good, easy to use/learn, and reliable. Let me know how Square works for you. Thanks!

Rick13
02-15-2012, 02:05 PM
I should receive my free card reader in about a week. I hope they have a nice invoice system/form that gets mail to your customer's email account when using their credit card. Has anyone used or seen a receipt for Intuit GoPayment yet?

Rick13
02-15-2012, 02:41 PM
I made a Payment Email Receipt using Intuit GoPayment today. You will enter your Name, You Cell Phone, and Email Address. They also let you upload an image, so I choose to use My QR Code (linked to My Mobile Website).

The Email Receipt will print up the Date, Time, and show the Transaction Location (shown here with the picture of the map).

The Customer's Credit Card #, Exp. Date #, Auth. #, and Merchant # will also appear on their Email Receipt.

Then the message, "Thank you for your business!" is already set, and I don't think you can change your greeting/thank-you message...yet?

So what do you think? I think it looks good and gives you another quick service on getting paid sooner rather later.

Rick13
02-15-2012, 07:49 PM
Anyone using this program for customer credit cards....other than stevenf and soon me?

hawghunter
02-17-2012, 12:25 PM
Im using Square. I like it mainly bc there is no monthly fee. My wife has been using it for a year for her business selling dildos and she loves it. Customers spend a little more when you offer credit, so it seems.

FLC2000
02-17-2012, 02:50 PM
rick, i just got mine in the mail a couple weeks but have yet to use it. Whats your opinion it?

Rick13
02-17-2012, 04:44 PM
Hi FLC2000! I'm still waiting....but I think I have the online account set up and it sounds like it should be another great way to provide a way for you customer to pay. A lot of people use credit for points, flier miles, or cash back and the end of the year. So I think it should do good...until more and more people feel safe and secured. Then I think it might become very common way of selling services to people.

I was hoping to receive my card reader today...but now it's looking like either Saturday or Monday.

I will let you know more once I get it set up/linked to my phone.

Patriot Services
02-17-2012, 04:46 PM
Im using Square. I like it mainly bc there is no monthly fee. My wife has been using it for a year for her business selling dildos and she loves it. Customers spend a little more when you offer credit, so it seems.

x2. No monthly fee and customers like they can get their reward points.:usflag:

Hawg_your wife rocks!

GMLC
02-17-2012, 05:17 PM
I just started using Square last year and haven't looked back. It's nice to be able to accept payment over the phone or on the job site .
Posted via Mobile Device

JFGauvreau
02-17-2012, 07:07 PM
Some one posted on this forum a similar device of this from a different company, but they didn't work for Canada, I'm wondering if this is good for Canada.

Also you said in your 1st post the "key in" is a bit more expansive % per swipe. Is that for when you type in the CC numbers manually?

Dr.NewEarth
02-17-2012, 07:08 PM
I use Chase paymentech. I have a 1-800 number so I can get the card approved on site.

Rick13
02-17-2012, 09:15 PM
Hi JFGauvreau.

With Intuit's Credit Card Reader you have two different plans to choose from. And you must choose one or the other.

Free Monthly Plan: To Swipe a customer's credit card = 2.7%
To Key In a customer's credit card = 3.7%
With the Free Monthly Plan, there is No Monthly Fees. So if you never use it, you will not be billed for anything...but you have a service in place just in case a customer might want to use a credit card.

Intuit has A $12.95 Monthly Plan: To Swipe a customer's credit card = 1.7%
To Key In a customer's credit card = 2.7%
Each month you will be charged $12.95 no matter if you use their credit card reader or not.

You can change from one program to another too. So at first you start off with their "Free Plan" and if the customer's like it, you can always change to the "$12.95 A Month Plan"....just depends on how much business you have going thru credit cards.

For me, I'm starting out with the "Free Plan" and if everyone likes to pay me with their credit cards, then I will switch over to the $12.95 Plan Per Month". But right now....I'm not sure if they will like it, or not?

Intuit also has a higher volume plan where you pay a monthly fee of $12.95 each month...but your Swipe Rate is 1.7% and Keyed Rate is 2.7%. You still get a free Intuit Credit Card Reader and no monthly minimum and no setup fee.

JFGauvreau
02-18-2012, 08:38 AM
Seems it is not available yet in Canada :mad:

I'm not sure if everyone is gonna like this, I'm sure maybe older folks will not trust this device and think you will be keeping their CC info on your phone. But I'm sure with younger folks as clients, who already know a lot about technology, it will be really a convenient for them.

Patriot Services
02-18-2012, 09:09 AM
I have not seen this problem. Most older folks will remember the "frank" machines that made a carbon copy of the card. They didn't have any qualms with paper records of their info.
Posted via Mobile Device

BPS##
02-18-2012, 09:32 AM
It sounds like a nifty way of doing things, but my clientele list is weighted heavily towards commercials. They prefer an end of the month invoice with a paper check mailed out 3 to 4 weeks later.