PDA

View Full Version : lawn scheduling

shelbymustang616
02-15-2012, 08:48 PM
Ok prob a dumb question but i will ask... i currently own a landscape company. mostly landscape design installs, mulching, removal etc. We are now doing lawn maintenance and are picking up lawn mowing clients. How do you keep track of all your customers that need mowing? Do you take request for thursday friday mowings for parties on the weekends. I feel like this was a good move business wise but is going to be a headache as well:) give me feedback.

StBalor
02-15-2012, 10:18 PM
There are programs that you can get and enter your clients in. You can also schedule, invoice, track estimates and payments and so on....

here are a couple, others will most likely add other programs you could look at.

Lawnpro
lawnaid
gopher
groundskeeper

shelbymustang616
02-15-2012, 10:41 PM
i currently have quickbooks

CS-LAWNSERVICE
02-16-2012, 06:13 AM
i like gopher software it does most every thing i need

RigglePLC
02-16-2012, 09:04 AM
I don't mow, but I would surely charge extra for out-of-sequence mowings Thurs or Fri. Say a dollar a minute for the extra driving time and gas. You are pulling a big trailer, right? Of course, if they are good customers and you feel its worth it, waive the extra fee.

Above ideas for software are good. Computers are cheap compared to lawn mowers and labor. Take full-advantage of any time they can save you.

Falcon50EX
02-16-2012, 11:20 AM
i currently have quickbooks

How does quickbooks help to schedule I am looking to learn?

plc87
02-17-2012, 10:28 AM
My quickbooks doesnt do anything with scheduling but I have the lower end quickbooks. As far as mowing goes I mow aboutt 40 accounts a week and just keep them on a weekly journal. This wouldnt work with hundreds of accounts but I haven't forgot about one yet in two years. If you have them scheduled in tight routes it makes it WAY easier. If you dont, then get on it! I dont let customers say when they want their yards done, I tell them I'll do it when it needs it and if you need me to come back I will even if it's two days later. Not to throw my schedule off I will come back and mow it when I mow all the other neighbors, pretending I never did it the "extra day". Most understand my time is very valuable, but be nice about it.

shelbymustang616
02-17-2012, 11:38 AM
I will probably due that for time being. Just right it in my calendar for each week until things get more complicated.

Spiffy2
02-17-2012, 11:42 AM
Right now we are using Google calendar. Works great and ties into my phone as well.

shelbymustang616
02-17-2012, 11:53 AM
never heard of it have to check it out:cool2:

shelbymustang616
02-17-2012, 12:10 PM
also anyone ever use findthebestroute.com....awsomeeeee

RigglePLC
02-17-2012, 04:47 PM
In the winter we take a big map and go over our route. And use a pencil to connect the dots that represent our jobs. And then...try to draw a line that connects them together with the shortest route. But also the shortest drive time. Naturally experience counts. As we avoid making left turns on busy streets--especially in late afternoon. Where we left off yesterday is where we start today. Naturally, take advantage of any computer mapping program to find drive times and computerized route planning.

Spiffy2
02-17-2012, 05:13 PM
Map Point works great and its very easy to plug your stops into.

APLUS LAWN CARE
02-19-2012, 08:40 PM
I have never heard of Google Calendar but I started using Gopher and I really like it for scheduling and managing mowing clients. I would recommend Gopher.

Just keep mowing
02-20-2012, 04:24 PM
As far I remember, Quickbooks now caters to the type of business you run and so it may be worth taking a look at for lawn and landscaping businesses. However, it is very pricey and so I'm still on the hunt for an efficient program to use.

Procut lawn expert
02-23-2012, 06:52 AM
Ok prob a dumb question but i will ask... i currently own a landscape company. mostly landscape design installs, mulching, removal etc. We are now doing lawn maintenance and are picking up lawn mowing clients. How do you keep track of all your customers that need mowing? Do you take request for thursday friday mowings for parties on the weekends. I feel like this was a good move business wise but is going to be a headache as well:) give me feedback.

lawn pro 4 its on the internet for free up to ten costumers then you can buy as big as you need it work great i love it

Procut lawn expert
02-23-2012, 06:55 AM
How does quickbooks help to schedule I am looking to learn?

Thats good there i have had my son on a skid steer since he was 3 now he can run a mini track hoe by his self at 8