PDA

View Full Version : Where's a good web source for used parts?

Jason Pallas
02-15-2012, 10:59 PM
Does anyone have a good source for used engine parts? I'm looking for a crankshaft for a fh430 Kawasaki 15hp. I don't want to have to pay $175 for it and there's not one to be found on Ebay. Anyone?

Jason Pallas
02-17-2012, 12:57 AM
Anybody got something? Nothing?

dutch1
02-17-2012, 09:32 AM
Ask around at some of your area equipment dealers. They likely have some local "graveyard guys" who buy their junked out units.

The guys who did this in my area did it for 3 reasons--to find parts for junk they already had, to find a plum that could be repaired with little work/expense or to sell as salvage/scrap metal.

You may get lucky or you may not. The guys that I knew that did this normally turned engines into scrap metal unless there was something they needed for parts. As a result, you may have to purchase the engine and tear down yourself to check for wear/straightness.

Another thing to keep in mind--different specs of the 430 may have different output side configurations although I did not take the time to check.

Patriot Services
02-17-2012, 10:19 AM
How bad is the crank damaged? A good machine shop can fix many things. Bends, light scoring and stripped threads can be repaired.:usflag: