PDA

View Full Version : whats another tree besides Arbs or leyland cypress's for a fence line?

HHlandscaping
02-16-2012, 05:49 PM
I have a customer that wants a tree line for privacy. but is scared the snow will damage the Arbs and the leylands will grow too big for the area she wants the trees at, any one have some other suggestions for me?

Hughes Landscaping
02-16-2012, 07:21 PM
We have planted crape myrtles and magnolias on fence lines and property lines here in Georgia.

metro36
02-16-2012, 08:29 PM
There are some types of dwarf spruces that grow to about the same sizes as arborvitae. They should work pretty well for your application. A Dwarf Alberta spruce is one that comes to mind they grow to about 8-10' tall and 4-5' wide. The Baby Blue Spruce is another one that gets slightly bigger. They grow 12-14' tall and 4-6' wide. I just moved one from another house and planted it at my house. Its a nice looking tree, takes some shade and the deer won't eat it. Here is a listing of different ones that my nursery sells. Take a look and see what is available in your area.

http://bissettnursery.com/Nursery/nurs_Picea.htm

HHlandscaping
02-17-2012, 08:52 AM
thanks guys I will look into those

NC Greenscaper
02-20-2012, 09:06 PM
We have planted crape myrtles and magnolias on fence lines and property lines here in Georgia.

crepe myrtles loose their leaves. Won't provide much privacy in the winter.