PDA

View Full Version : need a sprocket for lesco 30 aerator

jf69
02-18-2012, 06:59 PM
can anyone get me a part number for an older lesco 30 aerator for the sprocket that attaches to the trans? cant seem to find anything online and a place to get one would be great. tx

dutch1
02-18-2012, 08:37 PM
I don't know whether you will find anything on line or not. Lesco was bought out by John Deere so your best bet is a Deere dealer or a John Deere Landscapes dealer.

Someone who may know more than I may add some info as well.

jf69
02-18-2012, 08:40 PM
yes i know..just seems so hard to find parts for and my lesco dealer is a schmuck!! lol... i can probbaly get it from grainger but i dont know how many teeth i need.

cgaengineer
02-18-2012, 08:43 PM
yes i know..just seems so hard to find parts for and my lesco dealer is a schmuck!! lol... i can probbaly get it from grainger but i dont know how many teeth i need.

You might start by counting them...a tooth or two up or down won't make a huge difference, especially up. Whatever you do, don't run an old chain on a new sprocket or the other way around.
Posted via Mobile Device

jf69
02-20-2012, 06:26 PM
I dont have the old one, the bottom sprocket has 36 teeth

cgaengineer
02-20-2012, 06:41 PM
I dont have the old one, the bottom sprocket has 36 teeth

So the second sprocket is missing? If you wrap chain around the lower sprocket can you get a diameter (roughly) of what's left in the chain?
Posted via Mobile Device