PDA

View Full Version : Weight Distribution/Sway Control

TheChiefsLawnCare
02-19-2012, 12:15 AM
Can anybody tell me the difference between 4 point and 2 point sway control. I'm looking at getting the equalizer e2, which is 2 point, installed so I can stop my trailer from swaying. The thing I like about the equalizer e2 is that they don't use chains which I have been told you want to stay away from. Dealer is charging me 450 for the unit and then like 54 to install for 30 min worth of labor.

hosejockey2002
02-19-2012, 11:26 PM
Before you spend $$ on stuff you may not need, consider how your trailer might be loaded. A trailer like you have in your signature, if correctly loaded, should not sway at all. If your truck sags due to heavy tongue weight then an equalizing hitch may be necessary. That's why I like my 2500HD (or any 3/4 or 1 ton pickup), I can load my 7x16 flatbed pretty much however I want and there is no sag or sway.

PLS-Tx
02-20-2012, 12:26 AM
Before you spend $$ on stuff you may not need, consider how your trailer might be loaded. A trailer like you have in your signature, if correctly loaded, should not sway at all. If your truck sags due to heavy tongue weight then an equalizing hitch may be necessary. That's why I like my 2500HD (or any 3/4 or 1 ton pickup), I can load my 7x16 flatbed pretty much however I want and there is no sag or sway.

X2

We were having the same problem. Put more weight over the axles problem solved.

TheChiefsLawnCare
02-22-2012, 09:50 PM
Yeah, I got it installed today. The problem that i am having is I need the walker, also my heaviest mower, in the back since its my primary mower. With it only being 7 ft wide i cant put it next to my toro because i have the racks on the wall and i dont think its wide enough anyways. so im kinda stuck. I have my 21 infront of the 32 and I need to keep easy access to that so it can be taken out the side door. only think that i might be able to do is put the mower on the right side instead of the left side and move the toro all the way up to the v and then move the walker a little further up. imma have to look into doing that tomorrow

TheChiefsLawnCare
02-22-2012, 09:53 PM
in addition to that, id like to add another 21 to my load incase mine breaks a cable while im out there or wont start or whatever. but that will mess up everything i just said in the previous post lol

PLS-Tx
02-22-2012, 11:48 PM
How does it pull now with the wdh?