PDA

View Full Version : scag tiger cub starting problem

nmoysaenko
02-19-2012, 01:05 PM
My scag tiger cub 2003 is not starting. The last time i used it was this past fall and the engine would slow down and a puff of black smoke would come out. It is now early spring and it wont start at all. The engine just clicks but does not turn.
Any suggestions on what is wrong and how to fix it?

Landrus2
02-19-2012, 01:08 PM
My scag tiger cub 2003 is not starting. The last time i used it was this past fall and the engine would slow down and a puff of black smoke would come out. It is now early spring and it wont start at all. The engine just clicks but does not turn.
Any suggestions on what is wrong and how to fix it?

Low battery charge :waving:

AuburnHort2005
02-19-2012, 01:25 PM
tune it up...get new plugs, fuel fitler, air filter, (change the oil (after you know that it will run again, lol)) run a good quality medium to high octane fuel in it, maybe run some fuel stabilizer/ethanol treatment in it the first couple of runs for the season.

elitelawnteam1
02-19-2012, 08:22 PM
I just started my tiger cub today, and it did the same thing (grinding noise) get the battery charged up, and i've also found that sometimes i need to turn the key on, turn the pto on and off once (u should hear a click) then with the key still on, disengage and re-engage the parking brake

that's what i had to do today, that should be all

StihlMechanic
02-19-2012, 08:43 PM
Click Click Click Click Click----Dead Battery, charge it or replace it
Black Smoke---- Air filter clogged or carb is flooding or fuel is old

If the air filter is clogged check and clean your plugs, or replace them as they more than likely are carbon fouled.