PDA

View Full Version : Most Successful Coupon offered

Wiedmann
02-20-2012, 02:55 PM
Looking to design some flyers and door hangers this spring. Been talking some on here about this topic in general on other forums but I got to thinking what coupons I should offer on my flyers and door hangers to get people to either call me or go to my website to visit. Anyone willing to share of some deals or coupons they have offered in the past that have really sparked some calls and helped gain clients?

grass-scapes
02-20-2012, 05:29 PM
I did a 90 percent off coupon that generated a lot of business for me. I lost a lot of money, but hey, I had a lot of customers.

grass-scapes
02-20-2012, 05:40 PM
Seriously, a percentage off isn't as good as an actual amount off or a first time service for x amount of dollars. People figure that if you give a percent off, you will just go up that percentage to come down. Even though you could do the same thing for a specific dollar amount off, it sounds better to say 10 dollars off instead of 10 percent off.

I did a coupon once that gave a free mowing after so many were paid for. Got some calls on that....Who doesn't love free.

BaxtersEssentialLawnCare
02-20-2012, 09:28 PM
I'm about to to do a 50% off of first month. This will go out in 2 round of 5k targeted at 100k and up in income. I'll keep you posted on the response. Just as a side note I only offer this on full service 12m contract accounts that include mowing/fert/aeration/leaf removal/mulch once a year and shrubs done 2xs. So all the extras should help with the % off plus the first month the 50% off is required to be paid at signing so this should help to weed out pitas & nonpays. I probaly wouldn't do this but I'm breaking into a new market and I want to fill at least 3 days of weekly work.

metro36
02-20-2012, 10:47 PM
I did $25 for your first cut last year. The fine print read new customers only, up to 1/2 acre, bagging extra. I did get a few one time cuts for $25 but most were happy and signed up for my services. Most of these properties turned into $40-50 a week. At least my expenses were covered with that offer. I only had one person argue that their property was less than a 1/2 acre when I said it was larger. I just gave the guy the cut for $25 anyway. He ended up not wanting to continue service. I am planning to put the same offer on my postcards again this year.

Wiedmann
02-21-2012, 12:37 AM
I was thinking of the following as possibilities--

10% off new seasonal agreements of either mowing or weed control

20% Spring Clean ups over $100

2 free mowings with sign up of 2012 seasonal agreement

10% labor of mulch installment

or even some sort of aeration coupon as well.

I would only pick 2 of these coupons to place on my flyers and hangers.

grassmasterswilson
02-21-2012, 07:42 AM
I sent out a mailer a few weeks ago and got quite a few calls, although it has slowed down a lot faster than I thought. Maybe they will pick up again when we get to mowing.

Anyway I had 2 specials on my cards.

1. free soil test with season weed control program
2. free crab grass preventor with monthly mowing program
----i also had a line below the specials that said customer and pre pay discounts available.

They did not work at all. I got good response but only 2 people mentioned the specials and both were current customers and wanted the soil test!! I was happy to do it since it is a chance for an upsale, but I thought those were pretty good. I don't do contracts and hate giving a big discount upfront in fear of cancelattion. Maybe I just suck it up casue apparently thats what people want to here. I got 5-6 new prepays and with round 1 will give current customers the chance for prepay in the invoice.

I'm also wondering what demographic a discount really works. Seems saving $20 for a high end client isn't that meaningful. Ususally they want the best job. while lower targeted homes love a discount.

TheBetterDoorhanger
02-21-2012, 09:19 PM
Looking to design some flyers and door hangers this spring. Been talking some on here about this topic in general on other forums but I got to thinking what coupons I should offer on my flyers and door hangers to get people to either call me or go to my website to visit. Anyone willing to share of some deals or coupons they have offered in the past that have really sparked some calls and helped gain clients?

Do you have a printer yet? We are a family owned printing business in Kansas and we would love to make your flyers & door hangers for you! We have such great prices & we do a top notch job. If you call me (my name is Robin) I'll send you a FREE sample pack of our products so you can take a look at the quality.We can help you design your coupon & we even have some free design services. We can put a perforated coupon on your door hanger for you too. The options are limitless. I also have to mention Band-It & Stick-It. These are our innovative attachments that will take your ads to the next level & impress the pants off of your customers. Take a look & then call me with any questions! :) http://www.adeasprinting.com/perforated-door-hangers

Robin Christopherson
A'DEAS Printing
Home of Band-It & Stick-It® Products

www.AdeasPrinting.com
robin@adeasprinting.com
(316) 269-2494 ext. 204
(866) 251-3181 fax
719 S. St. Francis
Wichita, KS 67211

DA Quality Lawn & YS
02-22-2012, 12:47 AM
**Important guys, if you do direct mail, to state that discounts are for NEW CUSTOMERS ONLY** Because inevitably some existing customers of yours may also get the postcards and call you wanting a discount.

Wiedmann
02-22-2012, 01:38 PM
Great point DA! I have that wrote down on my coupons but for someone who didn't it could really cause some problem lol

Wiedmann
02-22-2012, 01:38 PM
Do you have a printer yet? We are a family owned printing business in Kansas and we would love to make your flyers & door hangers for you! We have such great prices & we do a top notch job. If you call me (my name is Robin) I'll send you a FREE sample pack of our products so you can take a look at the quality.We can help you design your coupon & we even have some free design services. We can put a perforated coupon on your door hanger for you too. The options are limitless. I also have to mention Band-It & Stick-It. These are our innovative attachments that will take your ads to the next level & impress the pants off of your customers. Take a look & then call me with any questions! :) http://www.adeasprinting.com/perforated-door-hangers

Robin Christopherson
A'DEAS Printing
Home of Band-It & Stick-It® Products

www.AdeasPrinting.com
robin@adeasprinting.com
(316) 269-2494 ext. 204
(866) 251-3181 fax
719 S. St. Francis
Wichita, KS 67211

Hoping to send you guys some stuff later this week to get the ball rolling. How long is the turn around time on door hangers if I have you design them?

Exact Rototilling
02-22-2012, 07:03 PM
I did $25 for your first cut last year. The fine print read new customers only, up to 1/2 acre, bagging extra. I did get a few one time cuts for $25 but most were happy and signed up for my services. Most of these properties turned into $40-50 a week. At least my expenses were covered with that offer. I only had one person argue that their property was less than a 1/2 acre when I said it was larger. I just gave the guy the cut for $25 anyway. He ended up not wanting to continue service. I am planning to put the same offer on my postcards again this year.

I did a similar offer in past years like that. I had several people take me up on the cheap first cut and then they expected the subsequent cuts to be cheap as well. It worked okay to a point but in some ways I’m surprised I didn’t get more calls on those. No matter what.... the first cut always takes longer.

I started thread a few weeks back about offering demo cuts but I never meant free.....I was thinking intro mow at a reduced price but I didn’t say that. Needless to say many posters said “your price is your price” zero discounts, NO reduced first cut mowing's.

The point of that thread is yes. My cut quality and edging is considerably higher than the other LCO’s. Why not offer demo cuts to show off....? I actually had people say, yeah I’ll leave you check under the mat”. I’ll cut it then they call back and say “yes the best cut I’ve ever seen” but the neighbor kids will mow it for $10 or $15......

grass-scapes
02-23-2012, 06:12 AM
I did a similar offer in past years like that. I had several people take me up on the cheap first cut and then they expected the subsequent cuts to be cheap as well. It worked okay to a point but in some ways I’m surprised I didn’t get more calls on those. No matter what.... the first cut always takes longer.

I started thread a few weeks back about offering demo cuts but I never meant free.....I was thinking intro mow at a reduced price but I didn’t say that. Needless to say many posters said “your price is your price” zero discounts, NO reduced first cut mowing's.

The point of that thread is yes. My cut quality and edging is considerably higher than the other LCO’s. Why not offer demo cuts to show off....? I actually had people say, yeah I’ll leave you check under the mat”. I’ll cut it then they call back and say “yes the best cut I’ve ever seen” but the neighbor kids will mow it for $10 or $15......

Lets all bow to the greatest LCO in the world.:laugh:

Exact Rototilling
02-27-2012, 01:17 AM
Metro 36,

I've been pondering this angle of the first cut is $25 for smaller lawns....

I'm considering going with this and skip the estimate for mowing all together. If someone calls you for a tire kicking estimate They are burning up your time anyhow. Why not put a condition on it first cut is $25 or we can give and estimate but NO cheap first cut. That way the potential client will not call you out ....then you quote $40 per mow....then.they say okay come back next week for the $25 intro cut.

I rather just do the $25 upon the first visit and get it over with already.....?
Posted via Mobile Device

tebletlawns
03-05-2012, 11:27 PM
I offer the fourth mow free, up to $50 for new customers. This helps do away with people just wanting a cheap or free mow and I know I'll make some money.
Posted via Mobile Device

Exact Rototilling
03-06-2012, 12:04 AM
I offer the fourth mow free, up to $50 for new customers. This helps do away with people just wanting a cheap or free mow and I know I'll make some money.
Posted via Mobile Device
I have also thought of 5th free but was seriously considering 11th mowing free. That way if they are a pita client drop them after the 10th paid mowing. :)
Posted via Mobile Device

metro36
03-06-2012, 04:21 PM
Metro 36,

I've been pondering this angle of the first cut is $25 for smaller lawns....

I'm considering going with this and skip the estimate for mowing all together. If someone calls you for a tire kicking estimate They are burning up your time anyhow. Why not put a condition on it first cut is $25 or we can give and estimate but NO cheap first cut. That way the potential client will not call you out ....then you quote $40 per mow....then.they say okay come back next week for the $25 intro cut.

I rather just do the $25 upon the first visit and get it over with already.....?
Posted via Mobile Device

Sorry, I didnt see this until now.

I try to do both at the same time. If they want the cut and are home, I come over, cut for $25 and then give the estimate for my services after that. It helps sell because they can see the quality before they commit to the actual weekly price and sign the contract. That way they dont worry about being locked in a contract without first seeing the work. I wont do the $25 cut unless they are home so I ended up doing a few on Saturday, when I ran the coupon last year. Them being home also helps because they get to see my company image. Clean equipment, shirts, professional service. If they are at work every time I come, they dont always get to see that. Its all just my way of differentiating myself from my competition.