PDA

View Full Version : website/flyer, how do you like them?

FrankenScagMachines
12-01-2002, 08:07 PM
Hi guys check out my website and flyer I just made. The website is currently www.cuttingedgelc.bushhogtractors.com but will be moved to cuttingedgelc.com in spring and the flyer is going to be attached if I can.
Any ideas? Comments?
Thanks,
Eric

FrankenScagMachines
12-01-2002, 08:22 PM
flier-

http://cuttingedgelc.jasonsite.us/flier.jpg

rvsuper
12-01-2002, 09:00 PM
The flier looks great! I would comment on the website, but the link isn't working for me. Fliers look great though.

FrankenScagMachines
12-02-2002, 07:32 PM
Alex,
Here try it w/o the www. just do this: http://cuttingedgelc.bushhogtractors.com
That works. Thanks on the flyer. That would be one like to put on a bulletin board. I might do the same thing only with out the tear offs for distributing door to door. Or I might leave the tear offs on it so they can give one to someone for advertisement. That might work???
Thanks again,
Eric

LAWNGODFATHER
12-02-2002, 11:51 PM
"Idea's"

How about a lawn mower that "runs"?

Then maybe you could then advertize.

PR0 TURF
12-03-2002, 12:41 PM
Very nice site...can't think of too many ideas...Possibly a logo of some sort for your business? I liked the flier too...good job

f350
12-03-2002, 02:03 PM
you forgot i'm a 15 y/o kid with no license...

bubble boy
12-03-2002, 02:49 PM
never likes the phone number tags-screams "we're a biz that will be gone tommorrow"

bubble boy
12-03-2002, 02:54 PM
thinking about this more...you are advertising under this name? is it registered? what number is that your home? will your parents be answering?

btw i'd drop the lc in your web address. www.cuttingedge.com is better. if its gone rework the name.

AztlanLC
12-03-2002, 05:54 PM
Where did I see that picture of the grass on top before?

well looks good to me just couple of points.

Snow Removal? becareful
Ask some guys in boston what happened when it snowed couple of feet over there

Do you have a snow plow?

Aeration

Some people don't really know what that is, a link with a little explanation would be nice.

Get a real e-mail address with the name of the biz lot's of people would judge you just for the fact that you have a yahoo e-mail.
Not me tought

Using effecient and reliable commercial equipment built to do the job better than your expectations, we can provide the highest level of quality at a price that is reasonable.

C'mon even you know that's a lie

I think if somebosy looks in the web for a company they're most likely not looking for something cheap, take the Affordability out, unless you're trying to attract cheap customers.

Just my two cents.

KenH
12-03-2002, 07:29 PM
Good flier...if you are going to use that slogan, I would make 'lawn care' one word...it makes more sense that way.

"Putting the 'care' in 'Lawncare.'"

lawncare3
12-03-2002, 10:35 PM
Good flier...if you are going to use that slogan, I would make 'lawn care' one word...it makes more sense that way.
I agree

FrankenScagMachines
12-05-2002, 07:54 AM
Pro Turf, thank you.
F350, problem has been addressed, OK??? I actually do think about things and solve the problems before they arise give me a break!
bubble boy, I didn't quite make sense of your first message? The Ph. # is my home, but I might get a cell phone next year or maybe not. I'd like to license the biz as well. And insurance of course.
Aztlan, i may have posted the pic before. We don't get much snow not more than a few inches at a time any more and we go hog wild. I'm going to change the email next spring when I register the domain and get a full name. I will have commercial equipment then and it's not a "lie" that commercial equipment can do the job fast and effecient so I can therefore charge a fair price. I'm not saying I'm cheap I'm saying I'm reasonable.
Ken and lawncare, I'll work on that.

The page is still being worked over and will be throughout the winter. I'm not advertising it and by spring I will have the name licensed, insured, will have a domain name with matching email, will have all the equipment, etc. www.cuttingedge.com is already taken as is www.cuttingedgelawncare.com maybe I can use www.cuttingedgelawns.com or www.cuttingedgelawncareonline.com? I can also get www.cuttingedgelawncare.us , .biz , .net, .org, etc. ( I know .org is for non profit org.'s but i mean there are many extensions to use). I just wanted to stick with .com as it's more standard and easier to remember, no?
Thanks,
Eric

bubble boy
12-05-2002, 11:15 AM
with the flyer i assume its designed to be posted somewhere so people can rip a tag off to call you later? IMO unprofessional.

stick with .com, work a name out.

get the cell. not good to have mommy or daddy answer. plus not fair to them you'll get lots of calls. plus you'll be in the truck.

if the name isn't registered it may be gone, or similar to someone else. check now. its not too early to do this, actually late for a spring start.

people won`t wait to get plowed of you`re in school. and what will you use fill us in

f350
12-05-2002, 11:24 AM
i thought you had to be an adult to register and run a company?

hey give you a break, you asked for opions..

LAWNGODFATHER
12-05-2002, 11:46 PM
Why are you going to get ins. reg. name, estimated income tax, etc... if you don't even have enough income to justify the expense for those, much less drop $8000 for equiptment?

Mom and Dad answer phone nothing wrong with that.

rodfather
12-07-2002, 04:06 PM
Eric

You spelled the word "efficient" wrong (not effecient) on your About Us page of your website.

LGF will tell you I'm a stickler about spelling and grammar.

Equipguy
12-08-2002, 07:45 AM
Just for your info, I tried several times and it wouldn't load.