PDA

View Full Version : New Pro-Stance

Gravely Commercial
02-21-2012, 07:17 PM
Check out the NEW Gravely Pro-Stance stand-on mower.

http://www.gravely.com/en-us/stand-on-mowers/Pages/default.aspx

pugs
02-23-2012, 10:20 AM
"Isn't standing grand?"

Shouldn't that be Toro's tag line? LOL

GMLC
02-24-2012, 03:50 PM
When will the new Pro Stance be available?

Gravely Commercial
02-27-2012, 11:06 AM
Late April/Early May.

docjones
03-21-2012, 01:02 AM
anyone demoed one of these yet and if so what was your impression of it?

Piedmont1
04-06-2012, 04:21 PM
Do you know any dealers in the Piedmont-Triad area of NC who will be stocking new Pro-Stance?

Thanks!

HenryB
04-06-2012, 04:36 PM
What size decks available?

Nlawns
04-15-2012, 10:37 PM
are there any specs yet for the new pro stance

NMS0219
05-13-2012, 09:55 PM
Any idea when it will be available?

Gravely Commercial
05-15-2012, 04:34 PM
The Pro-Stance is available with deck options of 48", 52" and 61", and engine options include Kawasaki (22hp) FX691V, Kawasaki (23.5) FX730V and Kohler EFI.

Follow this link for additional information on the new Gravely Pro-Stance - http://www.gravely.com/en-us/stand-on-mowers/Pages/default.aspx

Thanks.

Gilmore.Landscaping
05-15-2012, 05:33 PM
Wow they really changed to design of that standing pad. Almost exactly like the toro machine now, I am not sure why that is the more popular design now? I use a Wright and like that I am low near the ground and not an extra 8" above ground level, both for stability and getting under low branches.

I guess the main advantage is being able to walk behind the machine if necessary.

Kingfish
05-15-2012, 06:12 PM
are you able to walk behind the new stand-on

NMS0219
05-15-2012, 09:56 PM
When will I be able to purchase it? Dealer has no ETA.

Gravely Commercial
05-16-2012, 06:43 PM
Visit our Gravely website (www.gravely.com) and click on the "Where to Buy" tab at the top of the page to find a Gravely dealer near you.

Gravely Commercial
05-16-2012, 07:13 PM
are you able to walk behind the new stand-on

Yes. The new Pro-Stance has a flip-up suspension platform which allows you to convert the stand-on to a walk-behind. This feature is also helpful when transporting the unit on your trailer.

Thanks.

Kingfish
05-16-2012, 07:15 PM
Yes. The new Pro-Stance has a flip-up suspension platform which allows you to convert the stand-on to a walk-behind. This feature is also helpful when transporting the unit on your trailer.

Thanks.

It also works well when your on very soft ground. thank you:) looks like a nice mower.

NMS0219
05-17-2012, 10:46 PM
Local dealer has no idea when it will be available for purchase. Said it aint in production yet. Any Idea when I can get my hands on one?

GMLC
06-09-2012, 08:50 PM
What deck is on the new Pro-Stance? What deck is on the Pro-Walks? Thanks
Posted via Mobile Device

NMS0219
06-10-2012, 10:34 PM
I'm Still waiting. Dealer told me they were invoiced and shipped that was two weeks ago.

Kingfish
06-11-2012, 04:05 PM
is the platform lower then toros?

NMS0219
06-20-2012, 10:45 PM
Got my new 52 today. All I can say is awesome. Added plus is my old alum. bag fits the new machine.

Kingfish
06-21-2012, 05:51 PM
Got my new 52 today. All I can say is awesome. Added plus is my old alum. bag fits the new machine.

How deep is the deck? Any pics:)

Gravely Commercial
06-21-2012, 06:59 PM
http://www.gravely.com/SiteCollectionImages/Stand%20On/Header%20Images/ProStanceFL_header.png

The NEW Gravely Pro-Stance units are available:

Models: 48", 52" and 61" Kawasaki / 52" Kohler EFI model
For additional information: http://www.gravely.com/stand-on-mowers/commercial-pro-stance-float/Pages/default.aspx

To locate your local Gravely dealer: http://www.gravelymower.com/locator

Thanks.

Kingfish
06-21-2012, 07:04 PM
http://www.gravely.com/SiteCollectionImages/Stand%20On/Header%20Images/ProStanceFL_header.png

The NEW Gravely Pro-Stance units are available:

Models: 48", 52" and 61" Kawasaki / 52" Kohler EFI model
For additional information: http://www.gravely.com/stand-on-mowers/commercial-pro-stance-float/Pages/default.aspx

To locate your local Gravely dealer: http://www.gravelymower.com/locator

Thanks.

How Deep is the deck?

NMS0219
06-21-2012, 11:16 PM
Its the same deck as the old 52" except now it has scalp wheels

Gravely Commercial
06-22-2012, 05:36 PM
How Deep is the deck?

Can you please clarify what you mean by deep? If you are referring to the depth from the top of the deck to the bottom, it is 4.53". If you are looking for a different measurement, please let us know.

Thanks.

McDonald's LC
06-29-2012, 11:07 PM
does it have the xdz deck.

rufflife00
07-16-2012, 09:30 PM
Is there going to be a 34 inch model.

XYZLawnPros
08-12-2012, 11:56 PM
Well Gravely. Seems you have a lot of explaining to do. I realize you have a new model and it is going to have some quirks, but lord almighty you have to be kidding me.

I walked into just one of my local Gravely dealers with 8k in hand just in case your machine was worth taking home that day.

#1. Half of the machine sitting on their display floor was covered with oil, hydro fluid and some other weird grease.

#2 What is this foot operated deck lift you speak of ? There is not one on the 48inch deck machine.

#3 After fiddling with the pull knob that controls the deck, along with the right side arm lever to pull the deck up and down, I almost ripped my arm off trying to use the deck raising lever. It was definitely not working correctly or was already broke. The sales guy was completely oblivious and knew nothing about the machine.

#4 The little gold looking bar on the left of the driver station that controls moving the speed bar forward or back was totally whacked out of straight and was almost completely unusable therefore making it impossible to change the speed lever.

#5 The 2 plastic knobs that loosen to let the operator pad down to access the rear of the machine honestly have to have been engineered by a 3 year old. They were both completely worn down and had already left a mashing/destructive indentations on the beautiful red paint. The plastic knobs are to small, very weak, only a matter of time before you get a million complaints. They were both uneven and smashed into the groove that is supposed to only let the bolt end go through. Really Gravely?

#6 The outer lip around the bottom of the deck (nose guard/deck edge protector) was so uneven and wavy there were at least 10, 2 inch or so sections
that the gap between that edge protector was a minimum 1/8 to 3/8 sticking out from the deck itself. Again, looked like a 3 year old bent and welded that piece. REALLY GRAVELY?

#7 You state on your website a top speed of 9mph. After we got the speed bar actually set farthest forward, using my garmin gps and my cell gps, we got a whoping barely 6mph out of the machine. REALLY REALLY GRAVELY?

#8 That Kawasaki FX691V engine from the moment he started it up, until I shut it down after a 15 minute inspection ride smoked more blue smoke than the space shuttle challenger. Checked the oil, was within acceptable limits, mechanic checked the filter etc.. seemed fine. What gives Gravely?

#9 Rode the machine back into the mechanics bay. Shut it off. besides the smoke billowing from the pipe, now the right side caster fork was leaking like a sieve. REALLY REALLY REALLY GRAVELY?

I was so utterly disgusted with my first initial viewing and had such high expectations, I never even intended to actually drop the deck and cut some grass with it on their front acreage. To worried what the machine may have done to me or the sales guy and mechanic watching if I would have engaged the blades.

If you respond or anyone else on this site for that matter and try to tell me this is a one off machine that came off the line bad, I'll know your full of absolute bull$hit. My pictures and video I took of that horrendous example of your "New Pro Stance" has a lot to be desired.

Fastest way to lose a sale and a new customer you ask?
I think I just summed it up.

Gravely Commercial
08-13-2012, 06:20 PM
XYZLawnPros:

We sent you a private message and are working to get to the bottom of these issues. We will reply when we get the details of the situation.

Thanks.

Gravely

NMS0219
08-13-2012, 10:37 PM
wow what a crap dealer. I got about 50 hours on my new 52". Only problem I had was the nuts that attach the deck to lift came loose. Easy fix just put on another nut to jam it in place. Love the speed alot faster than the old machine. Oh and so smooth to run. the new drive system is awesome. Only thing that sucks is NO fuel gage. Kinda hard to see whats in the tank with the angle its at.

XYZLawnPros
08-14-2012, 01:14 AM
Because I am a decent guy, I will give the machine one fair observation. The hydros and steering levers worked like butter. The only good part of the machine I noticed. It seems your engineers and R&D did a spectacular job on the hydros and steering but failed miserably in a lot of other places.

NMS0219 did you actually verify the speed of the machine? I'll agree with you on the steering and hydros. Just awesome! You shouldn't have to jerry rig any parts on your new machine. That is an immediate fail from Gravely. If they want to test the machine for a year and make noticeable changes before they bring it to market they should. I'm not paying 8 grand to be a test subject.

NMS0219
08-14-2012, 11:13 PM
The speed was verified using a laser gun. ( thanks Cheektowaga Police :waving: ). Got 9 mph on the gun. As for the deck fix that was the dealers fault when doing the inital set up. They never put the other nuts on.

leygan
08-15-2012, 01:15 AM
Sounds to me from the appearance of the machine (oil all over) you are dealing w/ a substandard dealer as you are sure to know that new product doesn't arrive dirty and broken. I wouldn't have wasted my time w/ that kind of dealer...move on to a more professional outfit. I demo'ed a 'new' pro-stance about a month ago and thought it was cool; everything ran fine and it appeared built well. No smoke, no dirt, no broken parts. I guess I'd just rather sit....that's the lazy side of me....comes from my mother's side.

CreativeLawns2T2
08-15-2012, 01:27 PM
wow very detailed report, ashame initial experience so negative. i have been very pleased with my new ProStance. like you said, very smooth performance.

not sure how much mechanical experience you have, sounds like an engine oil leak, was smoke coming off muffler or out of it?

as to speed issue, I have yet to open my speed bar to full. just too fast for my guys. we run about 75 to 80%. you think leaking engine oil may have coated drive belt?

you never said what you decided to buy, but if you havn't spent ur 8k i suggest u look for another dealer and take a second look, this is great unit.

also foot lift you could not find; it has a bracket that holds it up for storage, just reach down on left side and release it.

hope this helps

mowers1
08-15-2012, 07:54 PM
We have 2 of the "new" prostance 52" units, got them at the end of May - will be adding a 3rd. been a great unit for us - no down time guys like em better than the old standers and toro's we had.
we will get 1 more before the fall leaves hit. Will get the Kohler EFI unit on the next one - gas is $$ -
Biggest thing the guys like is the flip up and mow platform, they get through the soft spots now and dont ever use the walk behind in the trailer!
no problems with our dealer - thats the biggest thing for us, finding the right place that knows what they are doing.

GMLC
10-10-2012, 07:17 AM
Another homerun for Gravely!! The Pro-Stance is a well built and thought out mahine. Here is a link to my full review.

http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=389107

pugs
12-20-2012, 12:06 PM
Sounds to me from the appearance of the machine (oil all over) you are dealing w/ a substandard dealer as you are sure to know that new product doesn't arrive dirty and broken.

BZZZZZ wrong. Plenty of times I have unpacked new machines to find leaks or other hidden damage or even dirt if the packaging had let some in.