PDA

View Full Version : Wtf

Landscape Poet
02-23-2012, 07:13 PM
Which one of you hacks did this?

FlemingIslandLawnService
02-23-2012, 07:18 PM
what the? i can't even tell what that is... what is that? the picture is kinda blurry but excuses aside it's still hard to tell after that hack job

Landscape Poet
02-23-2012, 07:31 PM
what the? i can't even tell what that is... what is that? the picture is kinda blurry but excuses aside it's still hard to tell after that hack job

That is a canary island palm trimmed to look like essentially a ligustrum. I am thinking the ligustrum would of been a much cheaper install if that is the look they were going for.

RoyalTree
02-23-2012, 08:03 PM
That is a canary huh? Picture is kinda blurry but doesnt look like a canary. In the phoenix family.
Posted via Mobile Device

Florida Gardener
02-23-2012, 08:10 PM
That's not a canary
Posted via Mobile Device

Landscape Poet
02-23-2012, 08:16 PM
That's not a canary
Posted via Mobile Device

Explain - I refer to them as canary! What is this then? Either way - more expensive than a ligustrum

jsslawncare
02-23-2012, 08:24 PM
I think it looks good, but we don't really have any palm tree's here.

Florida Gardener
02-23-2012, 08:25 PM
Explain - I refer to them as canary! What is this then? Either way - more expensive than a ligustrum

Its in the phoenix genus but not canariensis...I can't remember the species....
Posted via Mobile Device

Landscape Poet
02-23-2012, 08:28 PM
Its in the phoenix genus but not canariensis...I can't remember the species....
Posted via Mobile Device OK, I call them all canary's if that helps explain. I am not that well verse to telly you all that like you as I am just a simple lawn turd. I see a apple tree and call it a apple tree...you know what I am saying :)

unkownfl
02-23-2012, 11:11 PM
Hmmm, kinda funny, I seen a jeep pulling a trailer pull up to carve that pineapple.

Landscape Poet
02-23-2012, 11:14 PM
Hmmm, kinda funny, I seen a jeep pulling a trailer pull up to carve that pineapple.

You did not. :nono::nono::nono:

unkownfl
02-23-2012, 11:17 PM
You did not. :nono::nono::nono:

Sure did. Then they took a picture and posted it on CL, and left a bill for $25. Then they threw all the clippings on the curb and hauled ass. LMAO

Landscape Poet
02-24-2012, 12:19 AM
Sure did. Then they took a picture and posted it on CL, and left a bill for $25. Then they threw all the clippings on the curb and hauled ass. LMAO

:nono::nono::nono: The bill would of been for $35 dollars cause I am a real lawn pro-fesh-onal and would demand only top dollar. :)

Besides I do not know you are trying to direct this at me as we know I pulled this directly from your website!:rolleyes:

jvanvliet
02-24-2012, 08:56 AM
What's wrong with it? At least no one'll get stuck by those awful thorns anymore :p

fl-landscapes
02-24-2012, 08:59 AM

Kinda blurry, but might be a Sylvester palm, Phoenix sylvestris?

unkownfl
02-24-2012, 09:30 AM
Besides I do not know you are trying to direct this at me as we know I pulled this directly from your website!:rolleyes:

I take my pictures straight at least and with a decent camera :laugh: What did you use an Iphone 1st generation. Please tell this is on the east side of town?

Patriot Services
02-24-2012, 05:46 PM
So thats what a 20 dollar palm trimming buys you. Could it be our buddy GT? He hasn't chimed in yet and you know he can't resist a good palm trimming thread.:usflag:

Mike- Are you baiting a hook?

jvanvliet
02-24-2012, 06:47 PM
GT the Palm mohel?

Landscape Poet
02-24-2012, 07:16 PM
I take my pictures straight at least and with a decent camera :laugh: What did you use an Iphone 1st generation. Please tell this is on the east side of town?

HOA board member lawn I think! Good stuff right there. Took the photo as I was driving by with my evo Shift which has the protective film on it and I believe it was smudged. Was not going for photo of the year...just simple.
Besides if it was the west side there would not be turf on the grass as most of your subdivisions I drive through over there it seems like 40% of the lawns no longer have turf...unless you consider weeds turf.

unkownfl
02-24-2012, 08:45 PM
Besides if it was the west side there would not be turf on the grass as most of your subdivisions I drive through over there it seems like 40% of the lawns no longer have turf...unless you consider weeds turf.

Thanks for the heads up looks like I'm heading east.

agrostis
02-24-2012, 10:34 PM
I don't know what whoever is responsible for that was thinking. But that central leader sticking out of the top of that giant golf ball on a tee is hilarious.

GreenT
02-24-2012, 11:47 PM
So thats what a 20 dollar palm trimming buys you. Could it be our buddy GT?

Nah.... I'd charge $500 for a masterpiece like that.

What I really want to know is, who's sorry ass is keeping those bushes (Eugenia? (http://www.fourbsnursery.com/A%20Image/eugenia%20globulus/spiral/4725GAL70010%20SPIRAL.JPG)) by the front door trimmed?

They're crooked.

Landscape Poet
02-25-2012, 09:09 AM
Thanks for the heads up looks like I'm heading east. Come on over another turd in the lawn is not going to change much!

Patriot Services
02-25-2012, 09:34 AM
Nah.... I'd charge $500 for a masterpiece like that.

What I really want to know is, who's sorry ass is keeping those bushes (Eugenia? (http://www.fourbsnursery.com/A%20Image/eugenia%20globulus/spiral/4725GAL70010%20SPIRAL.JPG)) by the front door trimmed?

They're crooked.

Too easy. The crooked LCO of course. I bet the homeowner went to Disney recently.
Posted via Mobile Device

Eric E
02-26-2012, 11:26 AM
Awesome, Sheared slyvestris.

Can you touch that up with your string trimmer???

Landscape Poet
02-26-2012, 01:42 PM
I bet the homeowner went to Disney recently.
Posted via Mobile Device

I have not seen anything this crazy at Disney.....you are not serious that they have this going on do they? Did not renew our annual passes this year yet as I am seriously burned out on the theme parks for awhile after 4 years straight of Disney and Universal.

Landscape Poet
02-26-2012, 01:43 PM
Awesome, Sheared slyvestris.

Can you touch that up with your string trimmer???

Maybe the LCO is too short to reach that tall with the trimmer and will be back next week with a ladder? :rolleyes:

Patriot Services
02-26-2012, 01:59 PM
I have not seen anything this crazy at Disney.....you are not serious that they have this going on do they? Did not renew our annual passes this year yet as I am seriously burned out on the theme parks for awhile after 4 years straight of Disney and Universal.

Nah, not on anything that shouldn't be carved into a whimsical shape anyways. We were there a couple weekends ago for Epcot and downtown.
Posted via Mobile Device

yamadooski
02-29-2012, 08:28 AM
That palm is a Phoenix Sylvestris