PDA

View Full Version : Quality steel and aluminium trailers ?

zmowingmaster
02-23-2012, 06:21 PM
Did anybody hear anything about them or use them?

360ci
02-26-2012, 09:18 AM
With the name "quality" I'd be a bit skeptical about long term durability. In the end you generally get what you pay for so shop around. There was a small firm in my area that's no longer in business as they didn't conform to local standards to carry the weight the trailers were advertised to carry. Be cautious as with any purchase. My old steel trailer lasted nearly 14 years. My barn board 4x8 utility is still going strong after 28 years. Outside of tires and light bulbs I replaced the coupler last year and a bearing.

edensgate7
03-09-2012, 08:56 AM
I am replacing my steel trailers with aluminum ones. I have a 14 ft open that I pull mowers with and am satisfied with but the manufacturer doesn't make aluminum dumps. I am looking into an alum-line (out of Iowa) dump trailer for building my dump. Has anyone ever used an aluminum dump and has anyone ever worked with alum-line?

NMS0219
03-16-2012, 08:53 PM
I have a quality steel dump trailer its ok. Not the best but at $2k less than the next closest I can deal with the imperfections.

swanny
03-17-2012, 08:33 PM
I am replacing my steel trailers with aluminum ones. I have a 14 ft open that I pull mowers with and am satisfied with but the manufacturer doesn't make aluminum dumps. I am looking into an alum-line (out of Iowa) dump trailer for building my dump. Has anyone ever used an aluminum dump and has anyone ever worked with alum-line?

i've got an alum-line gooseneck deck over equipment trailer. Very well built, but very pricey new. Friend of mine went in on with me....was used only a handful of times and we got it for 40 cents on the dollar new cost.

I had alum-line price me up a 14' aluminum tag along dump about 6 years ago and I think they wanted 14 grand for it. Ended up building one out of an aluminum rollback bed and an aluminum boat trailer for half the cost. Have to be careful how it's loaded when you dump it since the aluminum frame can twist easily (even though it's double cylinders). Other than that - it's been the best trailer I've ever owned.

edensgate7
03-18-2012, 09:31 AM
thanks for the replies....the one I have been quoted is 13000 so yeah pretty pricey