PDA

View Full Version : Fellow maintenance Guy's I need HELP !!!!ASAP

troyota71
02-24-2012, 07:42 AM
Hey Fellow maintenance Guy's I need HELP !!!! If any of you are on facebook PLEASE view this group. I need advise about stopping an order by the town council where I live to cut down the beautiful trees on my property line. I have suggested pruning but they won't listen to a word I say even though I own a Tree Service !!! here is the link.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/380308195331796/
Please guys give me some advice as what to do or please if anyone has encountered some thing like this before.

Much Thanks.
Troy.

JB1
02-24-2012, 07:49 AM
so is that the neighbors house they are leaning toward.

troyota71
02-24-2012, 11:16 AM
Yes they have a lean towards my neighbours house.But they grow towards the sun. The trees a half on his side and half on mine.They need to be headed back and every 5 or 6 years be pruned again.Their is no chance of the 2 larger Willows touching his house.

JB1
02-24-2012, 11:51 AM
if I lived there i'd want them cut too.

Dr.NewEarth
02-24-2012, 01:19 PM
Did the council have three reading on their decision or what? Also I wonder if the tree services are certified by the ISA? All members have to sign a code of ethics and our reports have to be unbiased. Otherwise, some of these guys go around saying every tree needs to be removed and they make alot of money.

What will losing the trees do to your yard and the water table?

Generally around here, most of the cities want a two to one replacement ratio if you are approved to remove a hazard tree or if you need space for a development. Every city in my area requires an unbiased arborist report prepared by an ISA Arborist/ Hazard Tree Assessor.

agrostis
02-24-2012, 02:28 PM
Sorry man, i can't support you on this. Those tree's are a nuisance to your neighbor. The law is clear on this. Those tree's have to go.

Lugnut
03-03-2012, 09:27 PM
By me you can cut anything hanging over your property, so he would be welcome to prune anything hanging over the property line on his side...I'm sure the law may be different in Canada tho