PDA

View Full Version : Just Picked up Toro G3

jequigle
02-24-2012, 09:17 PM
Just picked this up today from the dealer. Toro G3 48" with a 22hp kaw engine. The dealer had 3 of these in stock and them being last years he was trying to move them.

kmaghan
02-24-2012, 09:43 PM
tell me how u like it im picking one up soon 25 kohler 52" deck tho.. hope its a nice machine

StihlMechanic
02-24-2012, 09:45 PM
Nice. I have a 60 inch G3.

jequigle
02-24-2012, 10:58 PM
I wanted the 52" but didn't have any leftovers.

banjo
02-25-2012, 12:40 AM
Great mower, i have a 60inch G3 34 hp kawasaki and have nothing but praise i have done 1650 hours so far on some rough jobs at times and my only repairs have been 2 deck idler pulleys, 1 set of centre spindle bearings,4 deck belts, about 6 hydraulic pump belts,and just 5 hours ago the left side hydro unit was replaced ( i think it was a broken axle but havent confirmed this yet with the local Toro service manager ) will let you know but anyway it was so unusual it was replaced under warranty despite the high hours ! My only complaints would be location of ignition switch, if you brush past a tree or shrub with the right hand side of machine it will turn your ignition off, the deck idler pulley runs on an aluminium mounting bush which will break if you suddenly get a big load on it like if you are pushing a heap of clippings in front of the deck and then they suddenly go into the blades all at once, aparently it is designed to do that but i took my broken one to an engineer and he pressed a steel bush into the aluminium mounting and its never given any trouble since. It will also only go about 5 hours on a full tank of gas as the tank is small down under the seat, mind you machine gets fantastic traction due to the low centre of gravity so thats a trade off i can live with. Blades are great only $99 for 3 (Australia ) and they are as hard as billy goats knees i have to use aluminium grinding stones in my angle grinder to sharpen them ( better grit breakaway ). I have used carlisle AT 101 tyres from new and try to do loop turns as much as possible as i have a theory about constantly going from forwards to reverse as being detrimental to hydraulics. Anyway to cut a long story short very happy and will gladly buy another, Cheers and good luck with yours, Ross

StihlMechanic
02-25-2012, 04:31 AM
I wanted the 52" but didn't have any leftovers.

Honestly I wish I had gotten a 48. My 60 is too big for some of my accounts. Hope you got a good deal.

weaver
02-25-2012, 10:06 AM
Awesome. I got a 48" next Laser that looks just like it . Congrats...

torotorotoro
02-25-2012, 12:01 PM
i have two 60" g3 and love them both.my only complaint is the parking break. i hate that little button

StihlMechanic
02-25-2012, 02:44 PM
i have two 60" g3 and love them both.my only complaint is the parking break. i hate that little button

If the button (safety switch) broke, there is an update bulletin out on the 2009 models. It was revised for the 2010's and up.

weaver
02-25-2012, 04:01 PM
tell me how u like it im picking one up soon 25 kohler 52" deck tho.. hope its a nice machine

Hey guy you'll love them, i went from a Laser z hp to the new next laser( pretty much the same as the Toro G3 except the deck, and it there is a very big difference. Awesome mower.