PDA

View Full Version : 05 F-150 worth it?

cpllawncare
02-24-2012, 10:45 PM
I have been looking for another truck to have just for the business, I ran across a guy today wanting to sell his 05 F-150 lariat super cab 4x4 fully loaded for 14K, he was an older gentelman that just wants to unload it and go to something smaller. Obviously I will have my mechanic go through it first but it sounds like a pretty good deal. It is in great shape appearance wise inside and out and has 89K miles with the 5.4 engine which I need for pulling obviously, Just wondering what you guys thoughts would be if you were in my position? I hate buying vehicles off a lot I always feel like I got ripped off.

Deori
02-24-2012, 11:29 PM
Sounds like a pretty good deal to me. Personally, I usually am not comfortable paying above 10K for a vehicle that has close to or over 100K miles, but for a 4X4 Lariat driven by an old man that was probably never really worked, I'd say that's a pretty fair price. Obviously check it out, but if it checks out it's not a bad buy.

I've been hearing from more and more old guys who have driven trucks their whole lives and are now getting rid of them because they don't really need a truck and don't want to pay for the gas. Makes for some good buys on some gently used trucks for us!
Posted via Mobile Device

cpllawncare
02-25-2012, 06:58 PM
Good news I ask him what the absolute lowest he would take he said 14 I countered with 13 he said deal! It's going to the mechanic monday morning! I was thinking maybe I should have said 12 LOL!