PDA

View Full Version : Any hydro pump repair guys?

wcb607a
02-25-2012, 09:22 PM
Both exmark lazer z pumps are leaking from mid seal. I will purchase seal kits, but since I will have both pumps dissembled what parts do you recommend to buy to rebuild the pumps. Each pump cost $450 each new :dizzy:. Mower has 3200 hrs.

piston slapper
02-25-2012, 09:43 PM
Buy the seal kits....you won't know which, if any other parts you may need till you get them apart...worn parts usually show themselves once the pump is taken apart.
Posted via Mobile Device

cottoncoggin
02-26-2012, 02:14 PM
if any metal wear from experince id go with new and flush whell motor well just saying been their done that 3200 hrs they have alot of hrs

T-Trim
02-26-2012, 10:02 PM
What model pump do you have on that mower? First hands down all the bearing.

StihlMechanic
02-26-2012, 11:09 PM
If leaks are the only issue, buy the seal kit and milk some more time out of them. Be sure to add the correct oil (mobil one 15-50). The exmarks and toros hydro systems are self purging but I always bleed the lines when installing new or rebuilt pumps anyways. Then I always crank the engine (once the hydro belt is in place) with the ignition leads off the plugs for 10 seconds ( to turn the pumps but not start the engine), replace the leads, start the engine and idle for 5 minutes. Then I slowly creep forward then reverse a few times until it feels fully responsive.