PDA

View Full Version : figuring time on large properties

grassmasterswilson
02-26-2012, 01:54 PM
Working on a bid for a large property. It has around 10 buildings and 4.5 acres of turf. Very similar to a condo complex. I'm trying to figure out the time it would take to mow, trim, edge, blow on a weekly basis.

Anyone know what their hour breakedown is between mowing, trimming, and blowing? I was thinking mine is going to be close to 50% mowing and 50% trimming and blowing. Just wondering if what guys who did larger properties where seeing.

GreenI.A.
02-26-2012, 03:35 PM
The easiest way to figure it out is from experience.

There are a lot of variables, how many feet of trimming and edging. 4.5 acres can be set up a hundred different ways, is it a lot of large open areas where you can go full speed or a ton of small areas around walks and cars that you will need to go slow.

scotts lawn care
02-26-2012, 03:52 PM
How many machines are you going to be able to use on the property?

Are you solo, or have help from employees?

grassmasterswilson
02-26-2012, 03:56 PM
I have 2 54" ztr. 2 guys but may figuring a 3rd because of new work picked up. No gates. It's a lot of small area mowing between buildings and common areas. I was thinking we could do it in 3-4 hours max.

I'd show it on google earth but don't know how to get the pic
Posted via Mobile Device

scotts lawn care
02-26-2012, 04:01 PM
Sounds like you have the right equipment and man power to get it done effeciently,

and thats the key to this industry.

grassmasterswilson
02-26-2012, 04:12 PM
Here is the google earth image. As you can see its mainly smaller sections. All the driveways and roads are gravel or ashalt so they will be sprayed and not edged. The edge wouldn't be straight and very crooked. I measured out 4.5 acres of turf and the entire campus is 9.5 acres.

Like I said I have 2 ztr's and 2 guys, but may add a 3rd. Mowing should take 1-2 hours and figured the trimming and blowing might be 2-3 hours. So all total we should be there 3 hours or 6-9 man hours.

They have purchased the field to the right and will be expanding over there also. So long term it could be a bigger job, but i just have to win the bid every year unless i can impress them to give it to me for multiple years.

The job will includ mowing the campus, plus some pruning, mulch, weed control, fertilization. They will also want a complete program for the soccer field with mowing of it also.

scotts lawn care
02-26-2012, 04:19 PM
Sounds like a good bid to get! Do you have a ballpark # of what you are thinking?

Hard to say without walking the property. Is the soccer field part of the 4.5 acres?

orangemower
02-26-2012, 04:20 PM
Start crunching your numbers.
Posted via Mobile Device

grassmasterswilson
02-26-2012, 04:39 PM
Soccer field is not included in the 4.5 acres. I was thinking around $300 a cut just for a weekly mowing. I'm just curious on my estimated time to complete this job. Everyone's price is different plus I'd need to factor an extra amount for aggravation since they probably want work done after school or on weekends.
Posted via Mobile Device

Wecutgrass
02-26-2012, 09:56 PM
kinda off topic, but how do you find out about jobs like this?