PDA

View Full Version : Please read. I need some help!!!!

Exmarkboy13
02-26-2012, 08:33 PM
Ok. I have been running my numbers and trying to decide on what to purchase. The problem is I dont know what I need or is nessesary. If you look at my equipment list bellow, you will see what i have.Im deciding between.

1) Another trimmer as recommended by others. Probally another FS 90R .
2) A new edger. A FC 90
3) An articulatig hedger. Is it really nessesary, or can I just use my shindiawa??
4) an Accelerator cather for the JD. I bag about 10-20% of my lawns.
5) Something else I dont have that is essential to Lawn and Landscape Maintenance.

Please help me out. Thanks

Exmarkboy13
02-26-2012, 08:44 PM
Bump to the top.

nepatsfan
02-26-2012, 08:46 PM
save your money until you need something. If you buy a trimmer, your edger will break or the opposite. If you have to ask then you probably dont really need anything at the moment. At some point during the coming year you will and if you wasted your money on something else, you may not be able to afford it at that time.

One other thing...I see in your signature that you have a ton of side jobs, if you are in the business I wouldn't call them side jobs. People don't take side work as seriously. It sounds like you don't normally do it but, if you are in business, you do.

Exmarkboy13
02-26-2012, 08:49 PM
ok, thanks. From my list, do I have all the nessesary items (major) to proformmost landscape and lawncare tasks??

nepatsfan
02-26-2012, 08:51 PM
It seems like you have the necessary equipment to perform most landscape maintenance tasks.

GMLC
02-26-2012, 08:52 PM
If you already have the fs 90r you can buy the edger attachment for it and save some cash.
Posted via Mobile Device

Exmarkboy13
02-26-2012, 08:52 PM
ok. Do you think an articulating hedger is nessesary, or can I do it with my 24" shindaiwa

nepatsfan
02-26-2012, 08:56 PM
ok. Do you think an articulating hedger is nessesary, or can I do it with my 24" shindaiwa

It depends on the jobs you are doing. I have been in business 11 years and bought my first articulating hedge trimmer 2 years ago....could I have used it before, yup, but I always found a way to get it done without it. They are very handy and I'm glad to have it but I don't know the types of trimming jobs you do. I have never actually even used it other than a brief trial run when it was new, my guys complain that it's heavy but it serves it's purpose.

Exmarkboy13
02-26-2012, 08:59 PM
It depends on the jobs you are doing. I have been in business 11 years and bought my first articulating hedge trimmer 2 years ago....could I have used it before, yup, but I always found a way to get it done without it. They are very handy and I'm glad to have it but I don't know the types of trimming jobs you do. I have never actually even used it other than a brief trial run when it was new, my guys complain that it's heavy but it serves it's purpose.

Usually I get something high enought to get on a ladder every 3 hedge trimming jobs. Will this eliminate that??

Exmarkboy13
02-26-2012, 09:07 PM
someone else please??