PDA

View Full Version : scam or is it worth looking into

ojays lawn care
02-27-2012, 08:50 AM
I have been doing lawn care for a couple years as a side business, recently my work has changed so i have decided to expand. I put an ad on craigslist( get alot of crap people) and i recieved a phone call from a Cali company. they left me a message saying they were looking to subcontract work in my area on repossessed homes. Is it work calling them back? sounds great for a guy who does most of his work on fridays, and saturdays. anyone else dealt with this.

Collins6754
02-27-2012, 05:10 PM
wont hurt to look into it if your looking for more work.....just meet with the guy get it in writing and go with your gut.....worse case scenario you have to say no....id be darn made to find out someone else go it.

caddy029
02-27-2012, 07:43 PM
Whats the name of the company?

DavidsonLandscaping
02-27-2012, 08:25 PM
would this be c 2 c lawn care, i just got the same thing, he asked for prices, i said i couldnt give him hard number until i seen the property. but did say id work with him depending on the number of propertys and locations. this guy was out of texas. he never emailed back.

ojays lawn care
02-28-2012, 06:36 AM
I believe it was coast 2 coast. they left me a voice mail which i accidentally erased. area code was 714 which i believe is california. I'm going to call later today, ill let you guys know. thanks

bohiaa
02-28-2012, 08:12 AM
any time you start a business you will recive a ton of sales calls.

one day I took over 37 sales calls.

there are many types of business. in fact, one way I jumped ahead of my comp. was I subbed out a lot of work.

after you do all your math, AND I MEAN ALL OF IT. run your numbers.
you will find your around 20%

ok now ask you self a Question ?

would I Be willing to only take 20% of this JOB ?

If so, then do the same thing that there doing, give your jobs to another company and you take the 20%.

If your a hustler, " rather a GO getter " then dont mess with payine someone to get you jobs. you go get them.

REmemebr: These companys dont care if you work or not, they only care if you PAY THEM.....

I personaly dont use anyone to get me jobs. never have and never will.

And most of the time I inform these types of calls to put me on there do not call list.

Best of luck

b's lawncare
05-22-2012, 04:22 PM
it's a scam the adress for the comnpany is a school in ca the 887 number is to us coast guard they just want your ssn # i looked in to it.

DavidsonLandscaping
05-22-2012, 05:41 PM
I just got another call today, from the same company. Got them to email me a contract and a price list. Price list is a joke, $20 to cut a lawn, $8 each additional cut, $10 to change a lock, $15 for snow plowing etc. if your sure its a scam, did you contact your DAs office? Someone smart enough can clean out a company over night.
Posted via Mobile Device

whiffyspark
05-22-2012, 05:52 PM
They contacted me through service magic
Posted via Mobile Device

DavidsonLandscaping
05-22-2012, 05:54 PM
Craigslist for me, what's service magic? Never heard of it.
Posted via Mobile Device

whiffyspark
05-22-2012, 05:57 PM
Check it out servicemagic.com. It was somewhat of a bad rep on this forum but it's building my business

I'm not sure if I'm going to do the c2c. He said you can try it with no obligations.

He did said 5-10-15 houses a day
Posted via Mobile Device

crichardson
05-22-2012, 06:05 PM
some are not scams, just rich guys trying to make the low levels work their butt off to help them make a ton.

Emanset3476
06-27-2012, 06:44 PM
Hey is coast to coast lawn care a spam? the guy contact me saturday from ca. with training materials and irs TAX FORM i am in atlanta, ga that i had to fill out and fax back . i didn't put my right ssn on the file i don't if it a spam on not. PLEASE HELP i sent my resume over from craigslist . they said they get paid once a month on the 16 of every month . i have to unload before and after pictures of all my work at the same angle. idk why people its like i done talk too like 5 different people i google the number they called from nothing cammed up but, alot of job posting for the last number that called me . they say there work come in at the end of the week so i should start by monday at first it was thursday .

some please help me out i don't wanna waste my time
they seem like they are very picky the way u up your photo i haven't even start yet and they want me too unload simple pic of the same angle, etc

Emanset3476
06-27-2012, 06:46 PM
did u try c2c? did u get paid?

Emanset3476
06-27-2012, 06:49 PM
hey did u try coast to coast ? plz help me out they called me is it real? did u get paid?
thnks

cpllawncare
06-27-2012, 10:18 PM
From the sounds of it it's a scam quit wasting your time and go get some real accounts that pay real money!

JLSLLC
07-01-2012, 11:33 AM
some company called me 2 seasons ago with the same non sense, i never got back to them

ben fritz
08-15-2012, 08:26 PM
I just got the contract from them today, there price list goes like this, $20 first cut $15 a cut every time after that. you cut the yards every other week until the house sells they are all foreclosed homes. i am having a hard time with the price Have any of you guys used them Coast to Coast lawns care

ibcontent
08-15-2012, 10:28 PM
You have to take like 16 photos, before after. There is a lot of paper work and you don't get paid unless every detail is accurate. The pay is minimal. I have received several emails with all the details... A lot of paper work and you may need to travel to get work done.

A friend signed up. They wanted him to drive to one property 100 mi. for for $20. There are many companies like this.

smcguirt
09-06-2012, 01:19 PM
Has anyone contracted for Coast 2 Coast lawncare? I answered a ad on Craigslist and was called by California office. Answered some questions, they sent me docs and tax form. I didn't send anything yet being skeptical so I sent some questions and made another call. They are part of US Best Repair Service anyone had any dealings with them? Looks like coast 2 coast handles the lawn care for US Best? Any feedback would be appreciated!

nparish
09-06-2012, 09:15 PM
You will basically doing the work for very little or next to nothing. I've heard they pay **** and most of the properties are a good distance apart.

Dlittle20747
10-03-2012, 12:30 AM
I did work for c2c over the summer there legitimate and yes the pay is low but when you have no money coming in its better than nothing. $20 on initial yard maintenance and $15 for recuts they have other jobs available also janitorial, padlock, debris, $8 trip charges. They pay on the 1st and 15th the pictures are a pain in the a** at first because they require about 20 pictures which adds up when your doing multiple properties. i was skeptical at first so i only did 10 properties and waited for my check. they were all recuts and some of the yards were big but the properties were close together(same city) so i didnt do alot of driving. I did recieve a check for $150 (10 properties X $15) so there a real company. If you dont mind working for little to nothing they dont mind paying you little to nothing. biggest check i got was $848. I did a couple bid jobs. Bid jobs are jobs u bid on like if the grass is high ex. 4ft you can bid ex.$100. They will pay you $8 trip charge and if they approve the bid the will send you back out there to perform the work. I hope this clears up alot of questions not a terrible job when you have nothing but i would love to find a company that pays more per property. If anyone currently works for a company doing the same thing making more or has any suggestions please reply

32vld
10-03-2012, 11:49 AM
I did work for c2c over the summer there legitimate and yes the pay is low but when you have no money coming in its better than nothing. $20 on initial yard maintenance and $15 for recuts they have other jobs available also janitorial, padlock, debris, $8 trip charges. They pay on the 1st and 15th the pictures are a pain in the a** at first because they require about 20 pictures which adds up when your doing multiple properties. i was skeptical at first so i only did 10 properties and waited for my check. they were all recuts and some of the yards were big but the properties were close together(same city) so i didnt do alot of driving. I did recieve a check for $150 (10 properties X $15) so there a real company. If you dont mind working for little to nothing they dont mind paying you little to nothing. biggest check i got was $848. I did a couple bid jobs. Bid jobs are jobs u bid on like if the grass is high ex. 4ft you can bid ex.$100. They will pay you $8 trip charge and if they approve the bid the will send you back out there to perform the work. I hope this clears up alot of questions not a terrible job when you have nothing but i would love to find a company that pays more per property. If anyone currently works for a company doing the same thing making more or has any suggestions please reply

Would work for a LCO at $15 hr?

If not enough then why let them pay you that cheap?

If yes then why work for not enough money to pay for the wear and tear on your truck, trailer, mowers, equipment, license, insurance, maintenance, repairs, replacement, growth, and all the other costs of running a business?

If yes after you figured in all of your costs how much money was left over for you?

If you are willing to work this cheap and low ball, why don't you low ball on all your other accounts?

You will never find management company's that pay what a job is worth because they promise to do the work for less then what their client was paying a LCO direct.

Example $50 job now gets done by the management co for $40. Then they find a fool, to low ball the job for $15. They keep $25 for finding a low baller.

When will people learn that low balling hurts them and everyone else in this industry. Except they keep the management parasite company's alive.

Darryl G
10-03-2012, 11:58 AM
I just ignore all the calls for government contract work and other sub work, although I have taken their calls and seen what they have to offer in the past. Most of the work wasn't what I would call local (they seem to think an hour away is local), the prices were low and the contracts seemed to be written 99% in their favor. Still, it's something worth looking into if you're looking to expand/need the work I guess. Just keep your eyes and ears open and make sure the money actually does keep coming in...don't cut any slack on that part of it.

jrs.landscaping
10-03-2012, 03:45 PM
Would work for a LCO at $15 hr?

If not enough then why let them pay you that cheap?

If yes then why work for not enough money to pay for the wear and tear on your truck, trailer, mowers, equipment, license, insurance, maintenance, repairs, replacement, growth, and all the other costs of running a business?

If yes after you figured in all of your costs how much money was left over for you?

If you are willing to work this cheap and low ball, why don't you low ball on all your other accounts?

You will never find management company's that pay what a job is worth because they promise to do the work for less then what their client was paying a LCO direct.

Example $50 job now gets done by the management co for $40. Then they find a fool, to low ball the job for $15. They keep $25 for finding a low baller.

When will people learn that low balling hurts them and everyone else in this industry. Except they keep the management parasite company's alive.

$15 is awesome money!!!! Wait do I have to use my own equipment, fuel, insurance etc.? If that's the case I think I'd make more working at the fast food drive-thru.

32vld
10-04-2012, 09:18 AM
$15 is awesome money!!!! Wait do I have to use my own equipment, fuel, insurance etc.? If that's the case I think I'd make more working at the fast food drive-thru.

He has to use his own equipment for $15.

$15 hr x 40 = $600 wk $31,200 yr gross, then after deductions maybe $23,400 net.

Dosen't sound that good to me. Can't qualify for a mortgage where I live on that income.

jrs.landscaping
10-04-2012, 04:44 PM
He has to use his own equipment for $15.

$15 hr x 40 = $600 wk $31,200 yr gross, then after deductions maybe $23,400 net.

Dosen't sound that good to me. Can't qualify for a mortgage where I live on that income.

You are also assuming a 52 wk season. Using my average growing season I come up with a gross of $14,400.