PDA

View Full Version : Anything new on BOP?

jaybow
02-27-2012, 11:04 AM
Anyone know anything new about better outdoor products? I am starting to think that they folded up. I'm not sure that I would trust buying from anymore small companies anymore, it seems there would be a higher risk of going out of business, making parts obsolete. A quick 36 was my first commercial mower, I spent a lot of hours behind one. Sad if they went under.

DA Quality Lawn & YS
02-27-2012, 11:23 AM
Nothing, zilch. I am close to selling my Quick (which I do like) and going to a different national brand to ensure parts continuity. I don't want to go away from BOP but if they go under hmmmm.

Bob_n_weave
02-27-2012, 11:24 AM
Do a google search, might find something there.

jaybow
02-27-2012, 11:29 AM
I sold mine a few months ago before anyone new about what was going on. I bought a 32" metro to replace it last october. The exmark 32 deck works great, wet or dry. I liked my quick 36, but mine was the single hydro wich was tiresome to use after a while. I guess we will see, very soon if they are gonna reopen, because they are losing sales, spring is near, and people are gonna want parts.
Posted via Mobile Device

WHIPPLE5.7
02-27-2012, 11:53 AM
I placed an order for parts more than a week ago so I'd be safe getting threw this season atleast but I don't think the order got processed. No tracking info or email back? Now I may have dead mower and no back up.
Posted via Mobile Device

Darryl G
02-27-2012, 12:25 PM
Seems they misnamed themselves.

GMLC
02-27-2012, 12:45 PM
Very strange to leave everyone in the dark:confused: Must be that they cant legally say anything yet. But in my opinion very bad for business.

nepatsfan
02-27-2012, 01:10 PM
it just goes to show what happens when you buy off brand to save a few dollars. How much does it really save?

lawncare18
02-27-2012, 03:21 PM
I am in the market for another 44 inch bop mower. I have emailed them... they keep telling me they hope to be back up and going very soon. I hope this is true but I really wonder what is going on? Im holding out hope they open again.

orangemower
02-27-2012, 03:31 PM
They will have news soon. A lot of hard work and effort has gone into BOP so whatever is happening isn't being done to hurt them. I believe there's legal issues that prevent them from talking. I'd imagine once its settled, equipment and parts will be even more readily available.
Posted via Mobile Device

bigw
02-27-2012, 03:40 PM
Better Outdoor Products is in the process of being acquired by a larger manufacturer of power equipment. This change will allow us to rapidly increase our product offering, greatly expand its availability and to provide even more new and exciting services to our customers.

This change also ensures your ability to purchase service and repair parts, make warranty claims and to receive technical assistance in the future.

We apologize for any inconvenience you may experience during this brief period of transition as we build a bigger, faster Better.

Thank you for your loyal and continued support of Better Outdoor Products!

lawncare18
03-08-2012, 07:29 PM
Anything new guys on BOP???

Valk
03-09-2012, 10:28 AM
You can order parts online...

milkie62
04-05-2012, 06:32 PM
Looking to sell my 44" Toro belt drive and buy a 36" hydro.The BOP looks like it will fit the bill without breaking the bank.

blb515
04-06-2012, 01:23 AM
A bearing in the clutch/brake just went out on my 36" dually. Does anyone know where I could get a replacement bearing?

Exact Rototilling
04-06-2012, 11:24 AM
A bearing in the clutch/brake just went out on my 36" dually. Does anyone know where I could get a replacement bearing?
Email BOP headline the issue in the subject....let us know what happens.....
Posted via Mobile Device

jjmtechnologies
04-09-2012, 08:48 AM
I was able to buy a maintenance kit - blades, spindle, belt, cables, etc. for my Quickie 32 a couple of weeks ago. I just ordered online and it shipped complete within a day or so.

frotis
04-09-2012, 09:04 AM
Will they be sold through dealers / stores.

milkie62
04-09-2012, 10:17 PM
They could at least give an idea when they will be available again.:confused::confused:

Valk
04-09-2012, 11:58 PM
It's my understanding that the negotiating process takes time for all parties to come to terms. This includes the buyer(s), the seller, the banks and any investors/venture capitalists. I'm glad I'm (just) mowing and NOT having to figure all this out!

Gary wants this to work best for everyone. I have faith this whole matter will successfully coalesce.