PDA

View Full Version : Wall and floor protection for new enclosed

DA Quality Lawn & YS
02-27-2012, 05:23 PM
Looks like my new 7x14 comes in next week. Plywood walls and Rainblock engineered flooring. What do you guys recommend to protect both surfaces? I am not as concerned with the flooring as it is waterproof and will not warp, but should I still use something for non-slip (esp. the drop down gate?) What would be the best thing to do with the walls? Paint? Waterproofer? Stain?

Thanks.

TheChiefsLawnCare
02-27-2012, 05:29 PM
I will get you some pics of mine. I used herculiner on the floors and 2ft up the walls. and i paints the rest of the ceilings. came out real good. i wanted linex but that was several grand. only think i dont like about the hercuiler is is something hits the walls to hard, like for example, i had a mower bounce out the blocks on the floor and it put two little gouges in the wall. but it will protect your flooring from gas and oil, slipping and will let the floors last a long time.

TheChiefsLawnCare
02-27-2012, 05:31 PM
the top pic is before i did the racks and the second was when i was putting all the racks in and laying out the position of the mowers

DoetschOutdoor
02-28-2012, 04:37 PM
My 16 footer looks exactly like Chiefs trailer, roll on bedliner on the floors and up 2 foot on the walls then used a gray exterior paint on the walls. Has held up really well in 2 years of hard use.

bushdoc
03-01-2012, 07:57 PM
How many gallons did you have to use on your trailer?

DoetschOutdoor
03-02-2012, 02:23 PM
I got by with under 1 gallon for the floors and not near as much for the walls. The wood really does suck up the paint fast but you shouldnt use more than a gallon for the floors and walls. Just touched up mine last night, will have to get pics up when I get everything back together.

DA Quality Lawn & YS
03-02-2012, 02:31 PM
I like this. Is Herculiner pretty non slip? Especially the gate, I don't want to slip taking a walk behind up the gate and have it roll back on me.

bushdoc
03-03-2012, 12:13 AM
I have a 8.5' x 24' that I would like to do in gray but it's almost twice as much as the black. I might have to mow some more grass.

DoetschOutdoor
03-03-2012, 11:29 AM
I like this. Is Herculiner pretty non slip? Especially the gate, I don't want to slip taking a walk behind up the gate and have it roll back on me.

The roll on bedliner has somewhat of an antislip on it, but not near as much as you would expect from like linex or rhino lining. You can add a bit more sand to the paint and then mix it up well or add sand to wet paint. But if you use your mowers on a everyday basis, the roll on stuff just wont hold up that well. Sure, it will last a year or so but I've found on my last 3 trailers that taking the mowers in and out everyday does wear off alot of the grit. Its not a big deal, you will never have a walk behind roll back on you. Ive been caught in quite a few rainstorms and even mow sometimes when its raining and have never had a problem with a zero turn or walkbehind slipping the least bit.

mowin4$
03-04-2012, 09:19 AM
Posted via Mobile Device

mowin4$
03-04-2012, 09:25 AM
Posted via Mobile Device

I had my trailer done with rhino lining when it was new back in 2000. I still use the trailer today and it has held up great. Only one spot on the ramp had to be fixed. Back then, I was mowing the guy that owned the rhino liner in my area and he did my trailer in exchange for mowing his lawn for the season. When that was done, I made my sheves and painted same color with oil based paint. Still looks decent today.
Posted via Mobile Device