PDA

View Full Version : Upgrade from Michigan Suspension Seat??

taylo708
02-27-2012, 09:55 PM
Looking to upgrade from the michigan suspension seat on my scag turf tiger. After looking around a little I came across this air ride seat with a built in compressor. Has anyone seen one of these before? I see that is only has 3/4 of and inch longer suspension stroke that the michigan seat, wondering if it would be that much better or about that same.

Johnagain
02-27-2012, 11:47 PM
The air seat is the way to go. I have used one in a tractor and they are much more comfortable than a mechanical seat. I will be buying one in March for my Wildcat.

StanWilhite
02-27-2012, 11:53 PM
Looking to upgrade from the michigan suspension seat on my scag turf tiger. After looking around a little I came across this air ride seat with a built in compressor. Has anyone seen one of these before? I see that is only has 3/4 of and inch longer suspension stroke that the michigan seat, wondering if it would be that much better or about that same.

The "travel" of the new air ride seat on the 400 series Gravely seems to be quite a bit more than the Michigan seat. If I was going to splurge and buy an air ride seat, I'd have to ck out the ones on the Gravely 400 series first.

The one you looked at might be the same...don't know.
Stan

oldstuff
02-28-2012, 03:50 PM
I have a Hustler with a air suspension seat with built in compressor I and love it. Maybe it's the same one as your looking at. Here's the web address www.etairride.com

taylo708
02-28-2012, 10:30 PM
I have a Hustler with a air suspension seat with built in compressor I and love it. Maybe it's the same one as your looking at. Here's the web address www.etairride.com

This looks very interesting, has anyone else had much experience with this product? Would this doubled with the michigan seat be a better option you think?

mtmower
02-29-2012, 10:17 AM
Just looking at it I'd say you'd be adding about 4"-5" of ride height which I wouldn't like. Looking at the one on Gravely they must be recessed into the mower body to keep the seating low. They may be two completely different units too. I'd love to try one out.