View Full Version : Dixon Walkabout Dual Hydro

DA Quality Lawn & YS
02-27-2012, 10:53 PM
I have been taking a look at one of these machines locally, 09 model I believe with 50 hours or so. 18HP Kaw with 48" fixed deck.

Anyone have any experience with these mowers and can give any insights as to performance?

DA Quality Lawn & YS
02-27-2012, 11:10 PM
Correction it is an 18HP Kohler vtwin.

02-28-2012, 10:26 AM
Walkabout's were repainted Red Hawks. I can tell you that in my time with Husqvarna/Dixon, I never saw one in person. It was a deal that was done before Husqvarna acquired Dixon back in July of 2006.

I would bet that it would be a pain in the rear to get service parts for.

I can't speak to durability or performance. I don't think you will find many that can. Maybe you could talk to the Red Hawk guys.

DA Quality Lawn & YS
02-28-2012, 09:46 PM
Does anyone know if the Walkabout's were USA made? The dual hydro version that is.
Yes parts would concern me. I suppose if I could get the mower for a steal, may be the only reason I go for it.

02-28-2012, 11:54 PM
I had a 36" with belt drive a few years ago. It ran good, cut very nicely, and striped extremely well. I got rid of it for a hydro wb, but wouldn't hesitate to have another one.

02-29-2012, 08:47 AM
Does anyone know if the Walkabout's were USA made?

Nope, Chinese made. Come on, I don't make this stuff up. I was part of the Engineering group at Husqvarna when they acquired Dixon. They are in fact re-branded Red Hawks.

DA Quality Lawn & YS
02-29-2012, 10:09 AM
Q - I wasn't saying I didn't believe you I just was asking a question.
I will probably steer clear of the Dixon WB if it is anywhere near chincese.