PDA

View Full Version : Need input, Buy a walker ghs or another stander

S man
02-27-2012, 11:44 PM
I'm selling my toro z and getting either a walker ghs or another stander. My stander I have now is a 36" and is great only I need my 48" for bigger lawns. I priced a stander x 48" around 9k after tax. And a walker ghs 20 hp is in the same neighborhood. Would I benefit from the walker? The stander can do somewhat of the same thing because I have the grass catcher for mine. I don't like to bag but could learn to do it if it really saves time.

KS_Grasscutter
02-28-2012, 12:21 AM
I think a walker would be great for you since your cutting warm season grass which gets cut real short. The floating deck does a great job following the contours of the ground. If you don't currently bag, I'd almost go for a model b with a 42 or 48 inch side discharge deck.

I feel bagging does save time, which is why I do all my lawns that way lol.

Good luck, I'm sure you will be happy with whichever walker works best for your situation.
Posted via Mobile Device

idontdeservethis
02-28-2012, 10:30 AM
Walker's defininetly the way to go for bagging. Probably save time with the 10 bushel catcher. KS is right though, If you dont want to bag just get the MB 48sd.

S man
02-28-2012, 10:18 PM
I need to demo a walker because I need to see what everyday use would be like. I already know what a stander does and I like it. Does the hopper fill up or clog easily in thicker grass?

idontdeservethis
02-29-2012, 08:24 AM
Good airflow, deck cloggs sometimes, when cutting wet grass at high speeds, but other than that, not really. There's a screen in the back catcher, just have to blow it out everycouple of days. Doesn't fill quickly either, oscilating motor in the back to spread the grass evenly, you could also put gator blades on the deck, to chew the stuff up finer. (works especially well with leaves).